Corsair Community

HS70 problem with Dolby Atmos

Is there any way to use Dolby Atmos for Windows with the HS70s in windows 10 while the CUE software is installed.

Reading the forums it seams that it used to be possible in earlier driver versions.

I can get it to work if I uninstall the software, but then I have no way to use the other features or the battery indicator. I find the virtual 7.1 to be ok,, however the Atmos mix is far superior. Does anyone know of a fix or workaround that will let me use both CUE software in stereo mode, while still being able to access the Dolby Atmos for headphones app.?

This isn't entirely true though . It was my belief that Dolby Atmos for headphones and Windows sonic worked with any Stereo headset. I tested it without the CUE app installed, and it worked without issue.... So could somebody please clarify. Are Corsair saying that their headphones will not work with any of the Windows 10 spatial sound options?.......or is the CUE software suite incompatible with these options?, or does Corsair deliberately block these options when CUE is installed. I don't think it's fair to just say, it doesn't work, shush, run along... I can see that it clearly does work, however I'm trying to determine why it doesn't work with the CUE software installed. I believe this is quite an important feature that Corsair don't talk about and should be made clearer at the point of sale.

• 3 weeks later...
or does Corsair deliberately block these options when CUE is installed. I don't think it's fair to just say, it doesn't work, shush, run along... I can see that it clearly does work, however I'm trying to determine why it doesn't work with the CUE software installed. I believe this is quite an important feature that Corsair don't talk about and should be made clearer at the point of sale.

That's definitely the reasoning, I just bought a Void Pro as many other people did. Seeing as this headset supported Dolby 7.1. and Dolby Atmos works on Stereo Headsets I was highly confident that it would work LIKE EVERY OTHER HEADSET.

Pretty upsetting for sure.

• 7 months later...

What corsair is saying isn't entirely true, I have found a way to make ANY corsair headset work flawlessly with dolby atmos & icue, without any conflicts, every feature of any of the tools work just fine together.

the following steps are with the assumption both icue and headsets were already installed. (but that doesn't matter too much really)

Also mind I use another language so translations of some of the steps aren't accurate to some extend.

1. first of all open your iCUE tool > go to settings > disable "start on system startup" AND CLOSE ICUE!

2. open "device manager" > "Sound devices" > rightclick your corsair headset > properties > drivers > remove device

3. open "control panel" > "devices and printers" > rightclick your corsair headset > remove device

4. reboot

5. the following step might not be necessary for you (so go to step 6 first) but it was for me and is a bit odd = repeat step 2 and 3 (do not reboot) and in device manager, rightclick anywhere and pick, scan for changed devices (so it owould reinstall the drivers)

6. open the dolby atmos app, configure your headset

7. rightclick your sound icon (make sure the headset is selected) in the taskbar (next to the clock) > spatial sound > enable dolby atmos for headphones

8. open icue test if, everything works like it normally does > go back to sttings, enable start on system startup

9. Enjoy surround like it should, enjoy massive sound improvement for music even on surround if you like, or games/movies (for the virtuoso dolby atmos is a must, the 7.1 feature from the virtuoso is at this time imo a disaster for media. With my void pro, dolby was already a feature in icue but not configurable like in atmos.

10. reboot and you'll see everything works perfectly together.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...