Corsair Community

Problem and fix for H100i

dstanfie3

I'm posting this in case somebody else has a similar problem and needs help.

As far as I can tell, a firmware update for H100i was pushed down to my computer when I left it on for the day. Without user intervention, the update will prevent the cooler from working correctly. Keep reading for my reasoning

I built a new rig using the H100i for CPU cooling. Everything was running great for a month. It has very quiet and very cool. I had no problems and never had to make any adjustments.

When I got home from work today, the cpu fans were running at full speed. I should have checked the corsair link first, but I immediately rebooted. The BIOS came back with a CPU fan error and CPU temperature error. :eek: The BIOS was reporting that the CPU fan was not spinning, but I could clearly see and hear the fans going 100%. The BIOS was also reporting a CPU temp of 80 C. :mad: When booting, the H100i would start off white, but would quickly start blinking red.

After tinkering I found out how to get the BIOS to allow me to boot. After getting into windows, I launched Corsair Link and it told me my firmware needed to be updated. I clicked ok and within a minute or two it was done. The fans slowed down and the led glowed white again.

I'm glad it is working again, but this update could have fried my brand new computer and VERY expensive CPU.

• Corsair Employee

Yeah, LINK won't automatically update firmware without user confirmation. It just doesn't.

Also, the CPU Fan Error would be your *pump* not running. So hopefully the firmware update corrected the issue, but if I were you I'd keep an eye on things to make sure they stay copasetic.

• 2 weeks later...

Well if isn't a software problem then it must be a hardware problem.

After running fine for almost two weeks, I turned my computer off. When I turned it back on the fans were back and full speed and the BIOS gave me another CPU fan error.

I got it to load Windows and opened up Corsair link. The CPU temp was around 80c and the RPM of the pump was 0.

I updated corsair link software to 3.1.5570 by following the instructions found on the sticky post in the cooling forum. After doing that, Corsair Link didn't even even show the pump there. It knew I had a H100i and that the H100i had two fans, but there was no information at all about the pump.

I guess this thing is out of commission while I do an RMA. :mad:

You may be able to do an express RMA (unless you live in the UK) and they will send you a new one out and you return your old one within 10 days. You have to give them your card details so that they can bill you if you don't send it back.

• Administrators
You may be able to do an express RMA (unless you live in the UK) and they will send you a new one out and you return your old one within 10 days. You have to give them your card details so that they can bill you if you don't send it back.
UK customers can do an express RMA as well.

Nope. The express RMA option was grayed out for me.
You can call customer service and they can upgrade it to an express RMA over the phone (NOT over chat or in a ticket comment - CC security reasons).

Archived