Corsair Community

Commander Pro in Red

kendotelie

Does anyone know what this means?

The commander pro has nothing plugged into it. Just bought it and it seemed fine. But then in iCue, the device shows in red and only the settings can be accessed.

See attached

I updated the firmware, and during the last percentage of the update a new commander pro device appears. firmware update stays at 99%

see 2nd image

The voltage readings are way off now. They were correct after initial installation. If i test the voltage on the pins, they are outputting the correct voltage. Also notice the temp sensor readings are very low.

clcp.png.e490ba18f9f42e3c2c1412af5c9be719.png

clcp2.png.87678afab2c50c8bf7ec0e4e8bd85254.png

Edited by kendotelie
additional info and image

I've never seen it change color like that. However, to echo what BlaiseP mentioned, your voltage and temp sensor data is garbage. The voltage numbers are impossible. The temp sensors aren't even plugged in, yet return uniform values. Normally this happens when running HWiNFO, AIDA, HWMon, etc. at the same time as iCUE. A defective Commander wouldn't return any values at all or possibly min/max end points, not create values to fill the space. It is highly likely something is interfering.

I've never seen it change color like that. However, to echo what BlaiseP mentioned, your voltage and temp sensor data is garbage. The voltage numbers are impossible. The temp sensors aren't even plugged in, yet return uniform values. Normally this happens when running HWiNFO, AIDA, HWMon, etc. at the same time as iCUE. A defective Commander wouldn't return any values at all or possibly min/max end points, not create values to fill the space. It is highly likely something is interfering.

This was a clean win10 install. Only thing installed afterward was chrome and icue. i replaced the unit and the new one is working. Voltage readings, as unreliable as they actually be are back to whats expected of them. and i tested a strip of rgb and they work

Interesting. Well, now we know to be wary of the "red" commander.

So this evening i decide to get my rgb strips where they need to be. mind you these are the same strips i tested yesterday (3rd party cheapos) that worked.

I go to test the leads and this time so i can make the connectors, the clcp doesnt show up at all in iCue. I test the power source and its fine. i dont have another internal usb device to test those leads so i take the pro over to another machine i have and same results, no device appears in iCue. i reboot, and reset, and still...

Im not sure whats killing the pro on my machine. anyway this might be in the logs of icue? how easy is it to short this thing? is there no surge protection? i wonder if i jumpered the pins while testing. there was no indication i did but i have to wonder.

I could try replacing again at bestbuy but im sure they arent going to like it

Edited by kendotelie