Corsair Community

H115i RGB Platinum Fan Speed

ACasten1324

Hi all, I have been using my Corsair H115i RGB Platinum cooler for about 9 months now. However, for some reason, when I set the fan speed to "extreme" in iCue, it only goes to around 840 RPM. The description of this product says the fan speed may reach 2000 RPM.

(https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Dual-Radiator-Liquid-Coolers/Hydro-Series%E2%84%A2-RGB-Platinum/p/CW-9060038-WW#tab-tech-specs)

I have seen it reach closer to 2000 RPM before but it has since stopped reaching that point. None of my settings have changed to my knowledge, including BiOS settings.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! :)

The three presets (Quiet/Balanced/Extreme) are fan curves (RPM vs coolant Temperature) and not fixed response like a Low?med/High settings. At low temperatures, all three will be quiet. The scale for the three curves is based on standard room temp of 20-23C, so at 23.9 you are very much at the low end of the curve.

If you want to take manual control, set your own curve, or just play around a bit, click the + symbol to create a new "cooling mode". This is your custom curve. You can copy the three presets and use them as a starting point by selecting them from the top right corner of the graph. You also can select fixed % or fixed RPM if you want to see what 2000 rpm sounds like.

The three presets (Quiet/Balanced/Extreme) are fan curves (RPM vs coolant Temperature) and not fixed response like a Low?med/High settings. At low temperatures, all three will be quiet. The scale for the three curves is based on standard room temp of 20-23C, so at 23.9 you are very much at the low end of the curve.

If you want to take manual control, set your own curve, or just play around a bit, click the + symbol to create a new "cooling mode". This is your custom curve. You can copy the three presets and use them as a starting point by selecting them from the top right corner of the graph. You also can select fixed % or fixed RPM if you want to see what 2000 rpm sounds like.

Thanks for clearing that up!

• 7 months later...

Then your MB will be in control of the fans and utilize whatever options are available in the BIOS. CPU temp is a really tough control variable because it is so dynamic, particularly on recent CPUs. The fans remove heat from the coolant stream, so you don't need them to ramp up because you launch Power Point and the CPU blips for 2.4 seconds. Some boards (like your Asus) have fan delays built into the BIOS controls. These can help, but be aware there are usually hidden protocols when using CPU/OPT headers. It was written as if you were using a small CPU air cooler and if the temp changes rapidly, the delay may be ignored. I have not used any of the Zenith/TR combos, so I can't say for sure.

The other option is to run a standard 10K thermistor wire to the back exhaust side of the radiator. Exhaust air temp will mirror coolant temp in most circumstances. This then connects back to the 2 prong T-sensor on your boards and becomes a control source choice for the fans.