Corsair Community

cmt32gx4m2k4000c19

Thms7722

Hey guys, need some info/help. I’m currently running my Dominator 4000 cl19 2x16 ram @4000 on a Msi Godlike z390 with a I9 9900k. I’m a little confused as far as what’s the safe daily max voltage is and has anyone been able to oc past xmp specs? What die are these? Am I better off with returning these and getting 4x8 instead of the 2x16? Thanks in advance

If you already own them, you can check the version number on the modules for the IC info or use Thaiphoon Burner to confirm it. For now I would expect these to still be Ver4.31 and therewith Samsung 8Gbit B-Die. Post a screenshot or photos of the modules if you need help with identification.

To overclock 16GB DR modules you ideally want a 2 DIMM motherboard like the Apex/Gene/Dark or Z490, though.

• 2 months later...
I can’t even get xmP profile to work, I tried manual overclocking and the highest i can get to post @1.35v is 3700. (4x16gb)

I have the exact same issue on MSI MPG Z390I Gaming Edge AC with a 2x16GB kit and a Core i9 9900K. I suspect an issue the hardware revision of the RAM sticks, I also have v3.31 and not v4.31 mentioned on MSI website.

The moment I enable XMP, the motherboard doesn't post. I found this extremely odd because the Z390I is known to be an excellent motherboard for RAM overclocking.

Have you found any solution so far? MSI support hasn't answered to me yet :-(

D.