Corsair Community

Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE feedback

Sounds like a rather unique problem and possibly that the mic is shorting circuitry when plugged in. No firmware in the world is going to fix it in that case, but you should be able to RMA it.

The mic works fine in wireless. The headphones only work properly if wireless.

Dear Corsair,

Please help.. I recenty bought a Virtuoso RGB SE and have issues with it's charging. I have been using this for just over 3-4 days now.

When I first got this I charged it overnight and the charged held quite a bit and it did show full at the start. the LED indicator also showed green.

Now it only shows flashing red and the iCue software always reports the battery as Critical. It would not matter if I charge it for 1 hour or 8 hours the battery always reports as critical. I'm not sure if this is a firmware issue or a hardware issue. please help.

Dongle FW: 0.16.80

Headset FW: 0.17.149

Please help

Edited by GameBoyRGB
grammar..

Dear Corsair,

Please help.. I recenty bought a Virtuoso RGB SE and have issues with it's charging. I have been using this for just over 3-4 days now.

When I first got this I charged it overnight and the charged held quite a bit and it did show full at the start. the LED indicator also showed green.

Now it only shows flashing red and the iCue software always reports the battery as Critical. It would not matter if I charge it for 1 hour or 8 hours the battery always reports as critical. I'm not sure if this is a firmware issue or a hardware issue. please help.

Dongle FW: 0.16.80

Headset FW: 0.17.149

Please help

I'm having the exact same issue, so far there's no fix for it. I also experience very inconsistent battery hours.

I'm having the exact same issue, so far there's no fix for it. I also experience very inconsistent battery hours.

glad that im not the only one experiencing this.. but not happy that this is happening.. these cans are expensive they should not have this issue.

I think this might be a firmware issue.. not sure.. I hope corsair responds back to us.

Second unit changed in amazon and same problem, charging all night, full charge and in 4 hours critical battery.

I am having the same problem. I've had this headset for one month now, and since the start it went from Full to critical in a matter of hours. The most i've gotten out of them is 6-7 hours. I log in at 8 am and by 1-2pm they turn off.

I've also noticed it sometimes skips the Medium power level, going from Full to High to Critical/low.

Corsair, is this a problem with firmware or is it the hardware?

ive only owned the headset for a few days now and i literally cant even use the headset as its drivers are crashing my pc every 30ish minutes...

an issue like this needs to be addressed immediately and im only going to be giving them a week to fix it so i still have the ability to return them ...

I'm also having similar issues to what some people have reported, the audio will sometimes get crackly when using the headset as well as even cut out sound. It doesn't last for more than a second but it can get a bit annoying. I should report this only happens in wireless mode and I want to say it only happens when a new track of audio is playing (like someone starts to speak in discord or a scene transition in a game) but I'm not fully sure of it. My slipstream dongle is plugged in to the front of my PC and I only sit around 1.5ft away from it.

recently they responded to the ticket I raised saying that a wall charger can damage my headset. My 30 dollar phone uses that wall charger and it does not get damaged. but my 200 dollar premium quality corsair virtuoso SE headset will get damaged when i use it to charge? there something wrong with the hardware if thats the case.

don't get me wrong the way the headset is built externally is beautiful and it sounds decent. I dont want to stare at a 200 usd paperweight.

Corsair! find a solution please.

Edited by GameBoyRGB
grammar

• Corsair Employee

Quick update for all of you. We have some fixes underway to address the static audio and further improve bass response. I don't have an exact date or release version of iCUE, but it is going through implementation and testing.

For those of you experiencing issues with charging, are all of you experiencing the same behavior from the LED blinking red regardless of how long it has been charged for? Are you using the OEM charge cable or aftermarket? Any issues with the headset when it is being used while in wireless mode and charging concurrently?

Maybe someone could give me some solutions because I feel that I have tried everything listed and I still am having issues. I recently bought the Virtuoso from Amazon and just after a few days of use it began to have an issue with cutting out. The audio for my entire computer was not going through the headset for about 2-3 seconds and would then come back only to cut out again every 5-10 minutes or so. I did a fresh reinstall of all drivers and software and this worked for about two days. I then sent the headset back to Amazon with a replacement and with the new headset it happens more often than before. Corsair believed that I had a faulty wireless dongle and they sent me a replacement one which again worked for about 2 days before having the same issues from before.

Figured I would chime in. I just got my headset today. No problems at all with it. No battery problems either. I turned off the RGB, since when I read reviews last year, it claimed that it drained the battery significantly.

I'm using the wireless dongle on a USB 3.0 port, and have no issues crackling or anything.

Just my 2 cents:

I have the headset for about a week now and experience exactly the same issues as follows:

- crackling sound/static noise when using wireless mode

- no audio output when trying to use wired mode, mic works fine though

- no percentage value for battery makes it very difficult to estimate the remaining run time

- very short charging/connecting cable

- very, very basic software compared to other brands (e.g. Razer, Roccat)

To sum it up, I am very disappointed with the headset. The build quality is excellent but everything else (software, firmware, issues described above) is absolutely abysmal regarding the price asked.

As I am not willing to perform as a alpha/beta tester for Corsair, I will send it back to Amazon and write a review reflecting these issues I have and probably giving it 1-2 stars.

I am very disappointed, because my last Corsair headset (HS1) lasted for about 8 years and still has a better mircrophone and software than this one here. It really is a shame but I won't buy any Corsair products anymore in the future because of the experience with this headset and the slow reaction times of Corsair regarding all these issues with their supposed-to-be high end headset.

Quick update for all of you. We have some fixes underway to address the static audio and further improve bass response. I don't have an exact date or release version of iCUE, but it is going through implementation and testing.

glad to hear! looking forward to the release.

absolutely no mention of the drivers crashing pcs, im not the only one and i doubt theres only 4 of us... fug it im returning it, i put my faith in corsair because my void lasted me 6 years even though i knew your software support was absolute garbage, i dont know why i expected anything different this time around. ill stick to tower hardware as thats all you guys seem competent making, peripherals though ill just go with someone else.

When using the USB connection, the best quality, there is a several second delay between pushing the push to talk button in Discord and being able to talk. It makes the headset unusable when using Discord, which I use constantly.

This is a return for me. Going with the Razer Kraken since I know it works and sounds good.

Related post here: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=195132&highlight=discord+delay

Sounds excellent. If you manage to adress the static hiss (present when playing audio using the iCue-supplied driver) then you've done more than Steelseries have managed to in 2 years with their Arctis Pro :D

• Corsair Employee

Not sure if you saw my previous post, but those of you having issues with audio not working over the wired connection, just verifying that you're setting the Virtuoso (USB) as your default playback and recording device in Windows and the software you're using the headset with. The USB and Wireless connections are detected as two independent devices.

When using the USB connection, the best quality, there is a several second delay between pushing the push to talk button in Discord and being able to talk. It makes the headset unusable when using Discord, which I use constantly.

This is a return for me. Going with the Razer Kraken since I know it works and sounds good.

Related post here: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=195132&highlight=discord+delay

Are there any delays in Discord when you have an open mic and set a noise gate or leave it as automatic? This setting is under Voice and Video in Discord.

Not sure if you saw my previous post, but those of you having issues with audio not working over the wired connection, just verifying that you're setting the Virtuoso (USB) as your default playback and recording device in Windows and the software you're using the headset with. The USB and Wireless connections are detected as two independent devices.

Are there any delays in Discord when you have an open mic and set a noise gate or leave it as automatic? This setting is under Voice and Video in Discord.

Bought Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless SE from Amazon UK and they arrived almost two weeks ago. Before I plugged anything into my laptop, I installed iCUE from the installer ("iCUESetup_3.28.70_release.msi") found under the Downloads tab on the product page. Then connected the headset to the laptop via the included USB-C cable and let it install a driver. Updated the iCUE software and the headset and USB dongle firmware versions to latest.

Mostly been using the headset with Microsoft Teams, Discord, and Call of Duty: Warzone. Often two at the same time.

My biggest problem is the audio crackling/clipping, which wasn't often last week but feels more so the last few days. Once it starts it does not go away until I swap between wired and wireless connection or vice versa - from the initial connection method to the other. Sometimes the crackling does not stop and instead only lessens in severity. In this case I must close one of the previously mentioned applications (reopening is fine). If that doesn't work, I just unplug the headset or the dongle and restart my laptop. Fixes the issue.

I think it might have something to do with what already running app takes the headset when I connect it before opening one of the other two, and/or When I leave the room and the headset goes to sleep while I'm away. For me, the crackling tends to start after either of those scenarios. When I leave and come back again after the headset goes to sleep, it also happens to me that the dongle continues flashing red despite the headset already playing and recording audio.

More likely to start crackling when wired. From what I can tell, the USB connections are default.

As for Discord; in Voice & Video, I have both the input and output devices set to Default. Input Mode is set to Voice Activity and Input Sensitivity is set to automatic. No delays between me or the rest of the voice channel but the enter and exit tones play after someone (including myself) joins or leaves the voice channel with a delay of roughly ten seconds.