Corsair Community

Corsair Link 2.5.5145 crashing with .net error

Noms

Hi,

I have updated to 2.5.5145 (fresh install) but i cant start CL, cause it crashes everytime. Im getting a .net Framework error. I have W8.1 64. Have tried updating to last version of .net, and i currently have 4.5.1.

Im getting this error each time. I click on Continue, and CL starts, but everything is empty, not detecting anything.

Any idea? THX!

************** Texto de la excepciÛn **************

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Õndice fuera de los lÌmites de la matriz.

en CorsairLink.PlugIns.MantaNode.updateFanDevice(Device device, Boolean frontEndUpdate)

en CorsairLink.ExtensionMethods.AddCallback(Device device, BackendPlugIn backend, Func`3 func)

en CorsairLink.PlugIns.MantaNode.Update(Device node, Boolean frontEndUpdate)

en CorsairLink.ExtensionMethods.AddCallback(Device device, BackendPlugIn backend, Func`3 func)

en CorsairLink.PlugIns.Clink.Node.FindNode(BackendPlugIn root, Device bridge, Int32 channel, Byte[] bridgeIds)

en CorsairLink.PlugIns.Clink.updateBridge(Device bridge, Boolean frontEndUpdate)

en CorsairLink.PlugIns.Clink.CheckForNewHardware()

en CorsairLink.PlugInHandler.CheckBackends()

en CorsairLink.Kernel.kernelTimer_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)

en System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)

en System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Thats more then likely where the .net error is coming from I have an H80 and get it with the new software but if I unplug it from the link commander the software starts like it should so the issue is with the H80 and the software not getting along.I have looked deep enough into things to see if it is because some other software is causing a problem or not yet I don't really want to get into it, I have had software conflicts and they can be a pain to track down.All we can do is wait for Corsair/Coolit to fix this or uninstall/remove the hardware/software which I am thinking of doing since they can't seem to get working software released or care to even give us a heads up that they are working on the problem.You would think they would have known there was an issue with the older H80's and H100's before they dropped the new release, if they even bothered to test them.

• 4 weeks later...

I posted extensively about my troubleshooting efforts of this issue a couple of months ago, and despite some solid help from the community, we got nowhere fast. Checked-in today to see what progress had been made several months later and your thread caught my eye. Incredibly, people are still having the same problem(s), and the same apologists for Corsair are making the same excuses about how hard it is to write software...

Chances are, it's not your fault, no amount of tinkering is going to get rid of the NET error with the H80 short of disconnecting it. Don't waste your time like I did.

(Sigh... That's got to be one of the more pessimistic things I've ever written.)

• Corsair Employee
I don't have access to the H80 or the H100 so I can't confirm or verify this issue. If your H80 is still within warranty, I'd suggest that you request for a replacement through our RMA portal at corsair.force.com.

I don't have access to the H80 or the H100 so I can't confirm or verify this issue. If your H80 is still within warranty, I'd suggest that you request for a replacement through our RMA portal at corsair.force.com.

So basically what your saying is your never tested this new version of the software with your old hardware? Well that's good too know.

Well then honestly and I not trying to be a jerk but why post if you can't test the bug for yourself telling someone to RMA a cooler when many others are having the same issue isn't much of a fix/help for the .net error problem. I have been waiting a couple of months now for a new software drop or at the least for Corsair to say sorry guys we know there's an issue with the older coolers we're working on it but that as far as I have seen hasn't come yet.I'm getting to the point of ripping out my Corsair Link and my H80 and replacing it with something else even though I really like it but if the software isn't going to be updated in a timely manner then it's coming out.

• 5 weeks later...

I have the same problem now... (using H80i)

Corsair Link never really worked for me. Not giving up yet though...

First I could not launch Link at all (program never started, and process closed within 20 sec. in app. manager). [RCv245110]

Then I found that this version had a stand-alone firmware update program in the same folder as Link, and I updated with the [H80i_v1.0.5.s19] firmware update. The firmware update couldnt verify the update and crashed - but right there after... wouldnt you know it ... fans FINALLY got quiet, and Link opened.

I tweaked and tuned and were a happy man until i restarted. After coming back into windows, fans were still quiet but Link would one again not open.

Decided to try the newest version of Link i could find [RC-v2_6_5214] but it failed right after installation with this .net error: "The request is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070032). (I have a much more detailed JIT error description - write me if you want it for debugging!)

In spite of the Link .net problem - another program opened allowing me to firmware update to at newer version. In doing so, all I accomplished was to have my FANS SPINNING UP AGAIN. Link still wont start.

Hope someone can use this novell to debug something somewhere and come up with a solution for all of us!

Well then honestly and I not trying to be a jerk but why post if you can't test the bug for yourself telling someone to RMA a cooler when many others are having the same issue isn't much of a fix/help for the .net error problem. I have been waiting a couple of months now for a new software drop or at the least for Corsair to say sorry guys we know there's an issue with the older coolers we're working on it but that as far as I have seen hasn't come yet.I'm getting to the point of ripping out my Corsair Link and my H80 and replacing it with something else even though I really like it but if the software isn't going to be updated in a timely manner then it's coming out.

Hi,

I have the same problem with H100. - That damn .net error 'System.IndexOutOfRangeException'.

If i disconnect the H100 from the Corsair Commander it doesn't happen. This happens with the 2 last beta, but the versions before works fine. SO I run with older versions ...

I may add my H100 was RMAed to COrsair a while ago (pump reading didn't work with old verions), so I don't think it would help to RMA tour H80.

It looks like a mistake in CLink code, which was not tested with H80/H100 products. Perhaps because you can connect 4 fans on those devices, who knows ?

It looks simple enough to fix, if Corsair would be kind enough to try

Shine

Hi,

I have the same problem with H100. - That damn .net error 'System.IndexOutOfRangeException'.

If i disconnect the H100 from the Corsair Commander it doesn't happen. This happens with the 2 last beta, but the versions before works fine. SO I run with older versions ...

I may add my H100 was RMAed to COrsair a while ago (pump reading didn't work with old verions), so I don't think it would help to RMA tour H80.

It looks like a mistake in CLink code, which was not tested with H80/H100 products. Perhaps because you can connect 4 fans on those devices, who knows ?

It looks simple enough to fix, if Corsair would be kind enough to try

Shine

Ahh jup, looks like a re-occurring issue that hasn't been fixed for a bit.

I'm guessing they dont want to support the older water cooling units? and that we should upgrade to the "i" series?

Ahh jup, looks like a re-occurring issue that hasn't been fixed for a bit.

I'm guessing they dont want to support the older water cooling units? and that we should upgrade to the "i" series?

Seems the case yes. Though they'll hardly admit it ... as far as I know, this known issue was never commented much by Corsair. I have opened a ticket on this, no answer yet.

Either they don't have any H80/H100 under they hands to test it (that would be weird) or they just decided to stop support it - from CLink point of view.

• 4 weeks later...

I confirm the same issue.... Disconnection the H100 solves it

Using 2.6.5214 version of CorsairLink on W8.1 64bit.

Firmware Commander : 2.0.6

Firmware Lighting Node: 1.1.9

Firmware Cooling Node: 1.2.8

Firmware H100: 1.2.8

What is strange is that it was working nicely with this version of the Link software until I pressed the 'Update all' firmware button (as suggested by Corsair Link).

Also the system keeps on bleeping similar to when it finds new hardware.

It keeps on asking to update firmware as well.

Considering buying the 850i PSU, but only if the Link software is stable. Solution needed.

(Edited: it keeps on adding an Airflow Pro device in the options -> Devices tab, I have none and at the moment there are 3 listed)

(Edited2: Re-installed Corsair Link 2.4.5110 and the Cooling Node is acting like a Lighting Node, think the wrong firmware is flashed on it : http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=129291

This might explain why some values are out of the expected range)

(

Edited 3: Solution - install latest none-beta version: http://www.corsair.com/~/media/Corsair/download-files/drivers/link/CorsairLinkInstallerRCv245110.exe

However my Cooling Node is now totally broken by the firmware update 2.6.5214 dit try to do !!

How to fix it is my next challange.

)

Corsair Link was running ok until I clicked the Update button on the UI and now I am getting the same error. I followed the instructions to install the latest version but still getting the error.

Update:

After many uninstalls/re-installs of various versions I finally went through the registry and deleted anything related to Corsiar Link. I re-installed version 2.5.5145

Now I no longer get the .net error, and most of my devices do show up except the H100i fans. It now shows memory activity and temps which I never saw before. It also shows two (2) Corsair Airflow Pro devices which I don't have.

• 11 months later...

I was getting a .net error (0x80070032) and in the details I noticed the "Task Scheduler" listed quite a few times. I'm on Windows 8.1 and I've had a few issues with the Task Scheduler not starting automatically recently causing some other annoying errors, and sure enough once I opened Services and started the Task Scheduler, Corsair Link started normally. I'm running Corsair Link 3.1.5525.

I know this is an older thread, but I'm hoping this may help someone.

Edit: I have the H80i installed

Archived