Corsair Community

Vengeance Pro RGB 2x16Gb (CMW32GX4M2C3200C16) at 3200Mhz with TUF x570 and Ryzen 2700

ryzenman

Hi everyone,

I have been reading the forum and trying different settings, but can't get the ram to work at the advertised speed of 3200Mhz with my Asus TUF x570 Plus and Ryzen 7 2700 CPU.

It boots at 2133Mhz, and I took it up to 2933 with a few tweaks to the DOCP, but it was unstable and crashed. At DOCP/3200 it simply won't boot, the motherboard will light the status led yellow indicating an issue with the RAM.

The part number is: CMW32GX4M2C3200C16

The full name: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 (2x16GB)

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming x570-plus. Bios 1405 (last one at the time of writing)

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700

I have already tried DOCP/XMP, and manually setting the 16-18-18-18-36 + tRC of 52, 54 and 56. Also setting the voltage between 1.35v and 1.4v.

I wouldn't think this was an issue at the time of buying really, getting the latest AMD chipset motherboard and a previous gen CPU, all from the same provider, never occurred to me they would sell me a combo it wouldn't work out of the box.

So, any ideas on how to get this to work? I might get the seller to change them but they don't have other models for 2x16GB sticks.

• 3 weeks later...
You’re not alone - many people noticing that the last few BIOS versions have meant any attempt to clock RAM above 3000MHz is failing, looks like something busted in the BIOS. Gutting as it’s a great board in many ways, hoping they fix these issues soon, it was working great with BIOS 1201, broken since then.

Hi everyone,

I have been reading the forum and trying different settings, but can't get the ram to work at the advertised speed of 3200Mhz with my Asus TUF x570 Plus and Ryzen 7 2700 CPU.

It boots at 2133Mhz, and I took it up to 2933 with a few tweaks to the DOCP, but it was unstable and crashed. At DOCP/3200 it simply won't boot, the motherboard will light the status led yellow indicating an issue with the RAM.

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming x570-plus. Bios 1405 (last one at the time of writing)

I have already tried DOCP/XMP, and manually setting the 16-18-18-18-36 + tRC of 52, 54 and 56. Also setting the voltage between 1.35v and 1.4v.

I wouldn't think this was an issue at the time of buying really, getting the latest AMD chipset motherboard and a previous gen CPU, all from the same provider, never occurred to me they would sell me a combo it wouldn't work out of the box.

So, any ideas on how to get this to work? I might get the seller to change them but they don't have other models for 2x16GB sticks.

You have to test if your ryzen runs or supports that speed on the ram. Check the BIOS settings thoroughly.

The chipset issue does not influence much, maybe you should update BIOS and take a look between compatibility and running

Hi everyone,

Have you tried not using DOCP and leaving everything full AUTO but manually setting DRAM voltage 1.35v, SOC 1.1v, and frequency DDR4-2933?

You’re not alone - many people noticing that the last few BIOS versions have meant any attempt to clock RAM above 3000MHz is failing, looks like something busted in the BIOS. Gutting as it’s a great board in many ways, hoping they fix these issues soon, it was working great with BIOS 1201, broken since then.

Damn, I tried out of the box, when it didn't work I went for the last BIOS available (1405), If I had known that it worked with the 1201 I wouldn't have upgraded all the way. At least this gives me the hope they will fix it eventually.

Have you tried not using DOCP and leaving everything full AUTO but manually setting DRAM voltage 1.35v, SOC 1.1v, and frequency DDR4-2933?

No, I haven't tried doing it manually. I did try setting DOCP and fixing/reviewing each value.

I also found last week that the motherboard's memory SPD info tool showed different settings than the ones being applied by the DOCP feature.

This was from the BIOS Advanced Mode -> Tools -> SPD Info:

Settings from XMP #1 profile:

Frecuency: 3200
Voltage:  1.35
tCL:       16
tRCD:    18  
tRP:       18
tRAS:     36
tRC:       54
tRRD_S: 6
tRRD_L: 9
tRFC1:   559
tRFC2:   415
tRFC4:   255
tFAW:    36

I tried those settings with DOCP and modifying the parameters that were different. It didin't work either.

I guess I will try setting manually each value instead of using DOCP to see what happens.

ps. I run Linux, and didn't have Windows available to try Ryzen DRAM Calculator.