Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2020, 08:29 PM
kaotik0fx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1046443
kaotik0fx Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameBoyRGB View Post
Whats the latest headphone software for the Virtuaso RGB SE?

is it 0.17.149?
Yes.
0.17.149 Virtuoso SE (1)(1)(1)
0.16.80 Dongle

Old 05-15-2020, 08:53 PM

POST ID # = 1046445
gopcarlos Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillowh View Post
So my experience might be a little different than others since I haven't had the problem with the loose volume wheel that some others have talked about but I'll do my best to give answers.

-Yeah it seems like they were all releated to iCue, because as soon as I removed it I stopped having the static every half hour to two hours and having to hard reset the headset in wireless mode.

- My battery life has been pretty rock solid without it still lasts like 8-10 hours on a full charge. However, full charge is kinda hard to tell, it seems the range of battery in the "green" light on the headset is about half of the battery. So the times I've unplugged it as soon as it hits green have sometimes reduced battery life to 4 ish hours, but leaving them plugged in for a little while while after green has offered better life.

-I haven't personally had a problem with the microphone with or without iCue. However I have had the most recent drivers on the headset and dongle before I uninstalled iCue, not sure if that makes a difference

- I have had a couple experiences with it being a little uncomfortable but not absurdly so. I have a small head but ears that stick out a bit, so the pressure on my head from the phones is not hard or uncomfortable, but I have had the tip top of one ear rub against the inside a little, but not to the point where it rashes or anything.

-I have not found a way to disable the LED on them, however the default is a pretty mellow teal/ice blue on the Corsair logos that I presonally find looks nice but mileage may vary

So I have had maybe two times in the last month after installing icue that the headset static'd out again, but it was after multiple days of them without power cylcing them and a quick off/on fixed it up again.

I love em, but they are kinda pricey for the dumb issues they've shipped with. If you're not 100% sure I'd say wait until this patch that Corsair Nick in this thread has talked about and see how it performs for everyone that's been having problems.

Hope I could help!
thank you very much!!, i think i can manage using the corsair without icue until they release a solution for the software and corsair drivers, my biggest incognit was the default rgb colour because without icue we cant change that, im afraid of using them with a rainbow coloufull effect xD, i will totally dislike that, the minimalist blue static colour that you said when is conected is perfect to me. thank you very much mate!!!

PD: the headset dont rember the rgb config after uninstalling icue?

Old 05-16-2020, 07:48 PM
Wries's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1046567
Wries Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopcarlos View Post
PD: the headset dont rember the rgb config after uninstalling icue?
It does. And it is also possible to turn off the RGB entirely in iCue.

The only thing it doesn't remember is the checkbox to not have the green mic led. As soon as iCue is quit it starts glowing.

Old 05-17-2020, 05:39 PM

POST ID # = 1046647
SupaNova Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Nick View Post
I've been working with our development and support teams regarding the headset not working in wireless for audio, but will work over USB. In Windows under "Bluetooth and other devices settings" with the headset set to Wireless and the dongle plugged in, does the Virtuoso show up under audio devices? Also, does the LED on the dongle light up at all when you plug it into any USB port on the PC? I also recommend plugging the dongle directly to the motherboard if you currently have it connected to a USB hub.
The Headset shows up under Audio devices but for some reason it has the icon next to it as if it was a phone? Im not sure if its supposed to look like that but to me it looks like a smartphone... (dont know if this affects anything)

Old 05-17-2020, 06:12 PM

POST ID # = 1046650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wries View Post
It does. And it is also possible to turn off the RGB entirely in iCue.

The only thing it doesn't remember is the checkbox to not have the green mic led. As soon as iCue is quit it starts glowing.
thank you very much, so i can install icue only for turn off the RGB, then uninstall it completely (also icue drivers) and plug in the corsairs again to use with windows driver + dolby atmos O:

only one question, do you recommend update the headset firmware and dongle before uninstall icue or these firmware updates came out with issues too ?

Old 05-18-2020, 10:46 AM
Wries's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1046775
Wries Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopcarlos View Post
thank you very much, so i can install icue only for turn off the RGB, then uninstall it completely (also icue drivers) and plug in the corsairs again to use with windows driver + dolby atmos O:

only one question, do you recommend update the headset firmware and dongle before uninstall icue or these firmware updates came out with issues too ?
I think you should let it install the latest firmware before uninstalling. They adress poor mic performance (on the SE) and sluggish volume control response among other things. Haven't noticed any downside.

Old 05-19-2020, 06:04 AM

POST ID # = 1046917

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wries View Post
I think you should let it install the latest firmware before uninstalling. They adress poor mic performance (on the SE) and sluggish volume control response among other things. Haven't noticed any downside.
perfect! thank you very much for the reply. i will off the lady voice indicator for battery low, mic on mic off, etc. before uninstall icue, hope the headset remember this too after that :P .

Old 05-20-2020, 04:16 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 1047129
Corsair Nick Reputation: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaotik0fx View Post
Appreciate the work that you are putting in. Can't be easy in these uncertain times.

I, for one, can say that I haven't had any hardware, software or driver issues with the Virtuoso SE. I personally use the Dolby Atmos Windows app for surround, and it works fantastic.

The one thing I wish I could do is prevent the Virtuoso from muting and unmuting on profile switch. I use auto profile switching (which works less than half the time, but that is a different thread post). Either auto profile switching or manual, the Virtuoso remembers the mute state from profiles so I am constantly having to pay attention to it. Is it possible to remove the Virtuoso from profile switching?
Thanks for understanding. It is a less than ideal time right now, but we're still working on resolving all these issues.

I tested and confirmed the behavior you mentioned, and forwarded a response to our development team to clarify if this is a bug or not. As soon as I get a response if this is intended, I'll give you an update.

Old 05-23-2020, 01:11 PM

POST ID # = 1047567
Lixarius Reputation: 10

Hello everyone.

I've bought this headset not so long time ago as well. It will be maybe 7 days for now. In last 4 days I also started having exactly same issues like described here by other users. Dongle flashing red, losing connectivity etc.

I hope it will be fixed in next update of iCUE for Windows 10 as this is unacceptable for product of this quality to have such issues for so long like I've read here.

Old 05-23-2020, 01:25 PM
incufuni's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1047569
incufuni Reputation: 10

Hi everyone,

I bought my virtuoso se the last week and i need help with something, I left charging the headphones all night and part of the day (more than 20 hours) but the green LED always flashes and in ICUE it always says "charging", also i tried to charge it outside the PC and the same thing happens, i never see the led green fixed.
did anyone have this problem?

Old 05-23-2020, 03:08 PM

POST ID # = 1047587
Lixarius Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by incufuni View Post
Hi everyone,

I bought my virtuoso se the last week and i need help with something, I left charging the headphones all night and part of the day (more than 20 hours) but the green LED always flashes and in ICUE it always says "charging", also i tried to charge it outside the PC and the same thing happens, i never see the led green fixed.
did anyone have this problem?

Hey incufuni,

I have same thing but I thought it's normal. LED on Headset shows level of battery (green means high). I've read that to fully charge your headset it's enough to connect it for an hour or few. It's never says "Charged" or anything like that. Just disconnect it from wire USB connection and use it the normal way.

If I'm wrong please anybody more advanced can correct me here.

Old 05-23-2020, 05:12 PM
incufuni's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1047596

Thanks Lixa, i think the same, and finaly i heard the girl voice saying "Baterry it's complete".
another question (or advice) but minor, one of the pads came wrinkled inside the box, I'm not sure if to complain, it really is an aesthetic inconvenience but the headphones works very well...

Old 05-23-2020, 05:27 PM
incufuni's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1047598

Quote:
Originally Posted by incufuni View Post
Thanks Lixa, i think the same, and finaly i heard the girl voice saying "Baterry it's complete".
another question (or advice) but minor, one of the pads came wrinkled inside the box, I'm not sure if to complain, it really is an aesthetic inconvenience but the headphones works very well...
one example....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200523_124225.jpg (2.84 MB, 17 views)

Last edited by incufuni; 05-23-2020 at 05:29 PM.

Old 05-24-2020, 12:31 PM
WeebTrash's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1047707
WeebTrash Reputation: 10
Default Audio Distortion randomly while in use

Hey,
Just received my headset and within less than 10 minutes of use (on Discord, listening to Spotify and playing Runescape), the audio gets distorted and stays distorted until a restart of the headset (switch off and on again)

The worst its been is where the headset microphone continued working and then the sound completely cuts out so people can hear me but I can't hear anything.

I'm within eye shot of the receiver which is in the front USB port of my PC (less than 1 meter), it is also the only device in the front USBs.

I'm using the headset in wireless mode and its fully charged and updated and the distortion happens randomly with the applications above open.

Just wanting to know if there's a fix for this as some users have reported that buying another Corsair product and forcing a newer firmware on the dongle for the Virtuoso, appears to resolve the issue, as much as I like Corsair products I don't need another mouse at this time nor want to spend £50~ to resolve this.
Please see thread below:
https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=192884

Hoping for a quick reply as I will be returning this product if this continues as for a £170 product this isn't that great customer experience.

Can supply more information if required

Last edited by WeebTrash; 05-24-2020 at 12:41 PM.

Old 05-24-2020, 12:57 PM

POST ID # = 1047709
SupaNova Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeebTrash View Post
Hey,
Just received my headset and within less than 10 minutes of use (on Discord, listening to Spotify and playing Runescape), the audio gets distorted and stays distorted until a restart of the headset (switch off and on again)
I agree, in general if you play audio from multiple sources in wireless mode it seems to cut out for a second every once in a while. For now I've just resorted to using the headset in wired mode till they put out a patch (which im pretty sure they are working on right now but COVID is slowing down the progress)