Corsair Community

Corsair Utility Engine Problem!

So I recently reinstalled windows on my SSD, which is where I believe CUE was. I try to reinstall CUE again, and when the download hits installing drivers, my entire computer freezes. I placed a ticket, that told me to use iobit uninstaller, which i did, it couldnt find CUE. Then i used ccleaner to clear the cache. I try to install CUE then, still failed and froze the entire computer on installing drivers. The only solution corsair gave me was to reinstall windows! I am not trying to do that again! Please help.

Are you signed on as administrator? You might want to run CMD prompt "as administrator" and CD to where you downloaded the installer and then type the installation file.

I am signed in as an administrator, also I don't quite understand what you meant by cd where I downloaded the installer

• Corsair Employee
Check the Event Viewer and see if there any logs associated with the crash/freeze. Typically in my experience, if it crashes during an installation of the virtual drivers we use for CUE, there is some type of corruption within the OS itself.

Check the Event Viewer and see if there any logs associated with the crash/freeze. Typically in my experience, if it crashes during an installation of the virtual drivers we use for CUE, there is some type of corruption within the OS itself.

If i am correct, there is no logs associated with it. But knowing me, i didnt look in the right place in Event Finder.

I am signed in as an administrator, also I don't quite understand what you meant by cd where I downloaded the installer

I do not mean merely signing on as administrator, I mean "Start a Command Prompt as an Administrator". If you ever typed "help" at the command prompt, you would see

CD             Displays the name of or changes the current directory.

To run programs, such as the installer, in the command prompt, it is useful to first CD to the folder that contains the program you wish to run, and then type the program's name.

I have had this same problem since Christmas. I have tried everything that has been suggested including a clean install of Windows 10. This is the only software that I have ever had an issue with on my current computer. I think it is a case of crap software.

I have had this same problem since Christmas. I have tried everything that has been suggested including a clean install of Windows 10. This is the only software that I have ever had an issue with on my current computer. I think it is a case of crap software.

Yeah, many people complain about Windows 10, but what can one do when you want it to work with 3rd-party software that isn't supported on Linux/Mac?

Oh. Perhaps you are referring to CUE. Well, you came to the right place. I and many other Corsair enthusiasts also use CUE. And Windows 10. So if it were a case of crap CUE software, you would expect that the problem would be easily reproduced, and you would see other people going "me too!" As this does not seem to be the case, I suspect that your issue may well to be specific to your environment.

The latest version of CUE killed all my settings and the new one has far less lighting options and would not accept my older (new on the previous version) profiles. I uninstalled and wiped CUE and then reinstalled the older version. Works perfect again.

Is there someway to prevent CUE from auto updating?

The latest version of CUE killed all my settings and the new one has far less lighting options and would not accept my older (new on the previous version) profiles. I uninstalled and wiped CUE and then reinstalled the older version. Works perfect again.

Is there someway to prevent CUE from auto updating?

Note that CUE 2 has both Basic and Advanced modes; if you were disappointed by a lack of lighting options, you might have been looking at only the Basic choices. You can try exporting your lighting profiles and action profiles separately from CUE 1 and importing them into CUE 2; let us know exactly what error messages you see when you have troubles.

Archived