Corsair Community

Downgrade to 3.20.80 Cannot load profile

Pad

Hello,

I was having problems with V3.21.88 crashing during restart/shutdown and had to downgrade to V3.20.80 which works ok.

Before I uninstalled, I exported a profile of my settings.

However, with V3.20.80, I cannot load the profile, it says it's not valid.

Can anyone help?

I'm happy editing the cueprofile file as it's XML, but I don't know what to change to make it compatible.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to post.

CUE profiles are generally not backward compatible. I don't know if it can be edited to undo the conversion performed when 3.21 loaded, but I have not heard of anyone doing so. Unfortunately, you have to be pretty vigilant with your saving/exporting and I organize mine in folders by version number. A quick way to do this globally before installing a new version is to copy your C:User/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair folder to a save place, like a version labeled folder. If things go badly with the new version, you uninstall, tell it to delete profiles/settings, then reinstall the prior edition. Before launching, drop the old Corsair folder back into the Roaming folder and you will return to your prior state, profiles, links, pictures, and all. That is not a perfect arrangement and it will not help when you have to change hardware or for different devices.