The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-29-2018, 01:38 PM
DrCreosote's PC Specs

POST ID # = 956542
DrCreosote Reputation: 10
Default After CUE update, range is badly limited

After updating to version 2.24.50 just a few days ago, the range on my headset is less than 10 feet, where before my range was reliable to about 30 feet. Is there a way to change tx power in the software, or can I roll back the update? I don't see an option for just rolling it back.

ThanX for the help.

Old 05-30-2018, 08:40 PM
hastegag's PC Specs

POST ID # = 956745
hastegag Reputation: 20

I've had every version and I do not recall a sudden change in range on the void Wireless USB headset?

To rollback you just need to download the old version from the website. You want the one before 2.24.50? If you need a link let us know, they are in the forums or if you know the version you can type in the url request in the link from the website. You may want to try iCue beta as well.

Also, sometimes changes in range have to do with new found interference. Was a dryer, washing machine, AC unit or other large electronic appliance kicking on and nearby when that range limitation occurred? To be honest, that's probably more likely a culprit. To have been a problem, it doesn't need to be in between you and the USB radio it could just be nearby. On occasions i used to be able to go like 50-60 feet and it'd still work intermittently but well enough to know whats happening in a game but it was worse if the dryer or washer were on.

No changes in position? Walls etc? sometimes your walls or even wall coverings could be more insulative