Corsair Community

Corsair H110i GT rattling noise

Robbinb1993

I installed the corsair H110i GT watercooler today. When I run the cooler in Quiet mode, the water block makes a rattling noise (which is very loud). However when I change the mode to performance mode via Corsair link, the rattling sound disappears and the sound seems to be okay (I still hear the waterblock, but only a soft buzzing sound). Does anyone know how I can fix this? I replaced the stock fans with Noctua NF-A14 PWM fans. Temps are fine while running prime95.

Video:

[ame]

[/ame]

That noise sounds identical to the noise i had in my 4 x H100I GTX's i was told it's air bubbles in the pump. Where do you have your radiator mounted?

Try tilting your case to the side and see if the noise goes away, if it does then leave it on it's side for an hour or so, So that the Air bubbles make there way from the pump. It looks like you have it mounted to the front of your case? This is what i did which mean't the radiator was lower than the pump, Apparently it's advised to have the Radiator above the pump.

I would give it a day or so to see if it goes away, But if it does not i would RMA it, I returned 4 x h100i GTX in the last 3 weeks due to the identical problems as your having. There seems to be alot of problems with the ewer cooler from corsair. So i went with the H100I and it works like a dream and cannot hear it.

Good luck

Indeed, when it's laying on its side, the sound is gone. When I put the case upright again, the tickling sound returns. I will try to leave it on its side for a longer time and see if the tickling sound will go away. Thank you for your help.

Indeed, when it's laying on its side, the sound is gone.

Then leave it on it's side for about an hour, then see if that has helped at all? Good luck let us know how you get on. That is a good sign that the noise goes when you tilt it as that shows it is air in the pump and nothing serious.

I put it back up and the rattling sound returned. I have laid it back on its side and will wait a longer time now, hopefully it will help.

I was not able to get rid of the noise from my 4 x H100I GTX, Try tilting at different angles and tapping the tubes and the pump. If your not able to get rid of the noise i would say return it to where you brought it from as i know how annoying that noise it. You could also try un-mounting the radiator and give it a little shake etc i have read that can help.

[ame]

[/ame]

I was not able to get rid of the noise from my 4 x H100I GTX, Try tilting at different angles and tapping the tubes and the pump. If your not able to get rid of the noise i would say return it to where you brought it from as i know how annoying that noise it. You could also try un-mounting the radiator and give it a little shake etc i have read that can help.

When you shake a bottle of soapy water, what happens? Bubbles form. The additives in the AIO work similar to soap in this instance. If it is bubbles causing it, shaking and tapping it could actually increase the bubbles in the system. I would suggest laying the case on it's side for an extended period, maybe up to a full 24 hours with some sort of load on it to keep the pump working at more than idle speeds.

I have a rattle noise starting to occur, too. The issue is the fan! When I press the back of the fan directly in the middle where Corsair sticker is lightly with my finger the rattle noise disappears! The fan is mounted firmly in the installation so that isn't the problem, it's the 140mm fan unit itself. It still works and I definitely do not want to RMA this entire thing for a silly fan.

I need a new fan for my 110i GT already! :eek:

Archived