Corsair Community

Ok, so I have found much information on this already, but most say I have to sand this down first. However, the look I am trying to go for would kind of require the base coat to still be there, at least some color. Can I paint directly over the green paint? If so, what do I need to do to prep the surface?

Basically, I want to make it look kinda like some sort of explosive device, and I want to put some caution/danger stripes/sign on the front panel, but I want it to look like the sign has been painted over the green. I am still thinking on other elements to add to the design, but that is just the main part I wanted to do right now.

it would be best to get a scuff pad to tone down the paint which can be bought at any paint store..

clear coat can show scuff marks if scuffed vigorously and viewed in certain light so go lightly,,dont worry about going too lightly as the clear coat will adhere regardless how much you scuff it.

some think sanding is required for paint to stick,,,it is not

sandings primary purpose is to remove imperfections,dirt ect...

I will give that a shot. I am not worried about it looking a little rough, because I kind of want it to look roughed up, and will likely distress the paint after I put on coats. I did want it to not peel though... Thanks for the information.

I guess kind of a follow-up to this, you can use a brush right? Like all the guides and information I have found either use an air gun or spray paint, but I was just going to use an older hard bristled paint brush to give it a less polished look. Maybe use spray paint for base coats.

Agreed, that's why I said high grit. Like 500. By ya scuff pad is better idea. I'm more of a mechanic then a body guy. At least that's what I used to do for a living.

didnt mean to sound like i was correcting you as i wasnt ,,theres always more than one way to do things...;):

• 2 weeks later...

Archived