The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-21-2019, 04:13 PM

POST ID # = 995149
x3pt Reputation: 10
Default iCUE incompatible w/ Corsair One i140

I recently bought a Corsair One i140 and after updating windows and installing the necessary drivers I decided to install iCUE to make use of the RGB on the casing.

iCUE detects the Corsair One and the RGB effects work fine but after a few minutes or even restarting the PC I constantly hear the USB disconnect notification sound. When this sound occurs, the RGB effects go back to the default settings and the case lights sometime shut off completely.

While I'm glad the rest of the PC works (for now) I can't help but be a bit frustrated as to why this would happen to a brand new (expensive) premade PC.
Old 02-21-2019, 04:26 PM
Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 995152
Corsair StormShadow Reputation: 10

Hi, not sure why you have to install iCUE since all the new CORSAIR ONE come pre-loaded with iCUE....

as for your issue, it could be a hardware issue causing the constant connect and disconnect. Please create a ticket and PM me your ticket number, thank you.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:02 AM

POST ID # = 1000995
fractype Reputation: 10
Default Any resolution?

I just received my brand new I140 and my system is doing the same thing. After I installed iCue (that was NOT preinstalled on my system), I linked my K70, Ironclaw, Void Pro, MM800, and ST100 to Spiral Rainbow. A few minutes later I started getting the constant USB connect/disconnect sounds with the associated case lights going off, coming back on blue, then starting the rainbow sequence again.

A reboot seems to temporarily fix it.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:29 AM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 1001014
Corsair James Reputation: 75

This is an issue with the cooler itself not iCUE. Ping me via a direct message and Ill let you try the beta which may solve this issue with a workaround.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue
Old 05-07-2019, 04:42 AM

POST ID # = 1003799
ndm Reputation: 10

I just received my corsair one 160 and am having to deal with a constantly pinging computer as well. rgb lights flashing on and off.

This is not the quality control I expected from a 4000 euro computer...
Old 05-07-2019, 02:55 PM
pdebaum's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1003862
pdebaum Reputation: 10

My i140 system does also the intermittent usb disconnect/reconnect thingie if I set the case lighting to a dynamic effect such as spiral rainbow, like everyone else who has a 115i platinum based cooler in their non-CorsairOne system... No issue with static effects.

Latest iCue software (3.5.15 ?) seems to take a good step solving the issue, but not completely for me, as I still get occasional disconnects only if the hardware monitor 'HWinfo' is running.
If not running 'HWinfo', not a single disconnect after hours, whereas on older iCue revisions I would still get a few.
So... progress, but not full resolution.
Old 05-08-2019, 12:14 PM
BlaiseP's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1003935
BlaiseP Reputation: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdebaum View Post
My i140 system does also the intermittent usb disconnect/reconnect thingie if I set the case lighting to a dynamic effect such as spiral rainbow, like everyone else who has a 115i platinum based cooler in their non-CorsairOne system... No issue with static effects.

Latest iCue software (3.5.15 ?) seems to take a good step solving the issue, but not completely for me, as I still get occasional disconnects only if the hardware monitor 'HWinfo' is running.
If not running 'HWinfo', not a single disconnect after hours, whereas on older iCue revisions I would still get a few.
So... progress, but not full resolution.
HWInfo is more than likely causing the disconnects. Ensure you have disabled Asetek control in HWInfo's settings:

Program > Settings> Safety > CorsairLink and Asetek Support: {Uncheck}
Old 05-09-2019, 03:06 PM
pdebaum's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1004060
pdebaum Reputation: 10

Thanks BlaiseP.

Confirmed HWInfo's setting to disable the Asetek control was causing the random disconnects.

Turned that setting off and now haven't had a single disconnect for about a day with both HWInfo and iCue 3.15.101 running and spiral rainbow on.

Tags
corsair one pro, icue issues