Corsair Community

corsair vengeance 1500 driver problem

kursadpolat

Hello, I've recently bought a vengeance 1500 headset, it worked fine on my computer but when i tried to plug in into my laptop it worked, like in stereo.

So i downloaded the driver and the moment it got done installing the headset stopped working, the sound stopped coming from the headset and came out the speakers of the laptop. When i press on the corsair usb headset driver in my programs it says" please connect the corsair usb headset" but it is connected.

I right clicked on the sound icon -> playback devices and the vengeance 1500 wasn't there anymore. after this i deleted the driver and it worked again in stereo.

i have a pavilion dv7 laptop, windows home premium 64-bit

intel core i5 CPU M 450 @ 2.40GHz, 4,0GB RAM, Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD

greetings, kursad

Hello, thanks for replying very fast.

So i went to the configuration -> devices and printers and there is saw the "Corsair vengeance 1500" under the tab "unknown" it had a yellow triangle with an explanationmark.

Screenshot

What should i do next??

Greetings, Kursad

screenshot1.thumb.png.33586e336d72ccc31eede1ebd28a110c.png

Can you try it via Device Manager and see if that comes up as well?

When you click Properties under the General tab, there should be a box with the current Device Status. Post what it says in that box.

Edit:

Reinstall the Corsair drivers and see if the headset operates normally.

• 4 months later...

OK I can get the headset to work with the corsair software on windows 8 by extracting the files using WinRAR and then installing in compat mode and with elevated privelages.

However this only works for a short while and has caused my computer to crash out (usually at a vital moment in a game), so now I am using these headphones with windows drivers which means theyre in stereo and not glorious surround sound. (what a waste of money).

Come on Corsair get your developers on the case to adapt/upgrade the current drivers to work with windows 8. The drivers have been 1.1 for ages now and they still state works with all versions of windows (which they clearly don't).

Please get it sorted!!

Archived