Corsair Community

Corsair 1000D USB Headers not working after iCUE install

DylanRiddle1792

Greetings,

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this. Everything was working fine until I installed iCue. I've managed to get everything back up and functioning except the RBG on the USB headers. I am on the latest versions of software and firmware. I will confirm those numbers tomorrow morning as it's late now.

Currently running 18x LL 120, I reached out to the individual that built the computer in how they were wired and got this.

"They are ALL connected in 2 different ways. The fans have 2 cables, one cable to power and speed control the fan itself and another separate cable to control the RGB. The RGB cables on ALL the fans are connected into Corsair Lighting Control Node Pros which all then are connected into the Corsair Commander Pro. The Corsair Commmander Pro is connected into the motherboard via USB."

In iCUE I see My k70 keyboard, my m65, my mm8000, the Vengenace RGB Pro Ram, Obsidian 1000D, 1 lightning node, and 1 lightning node pro.

The only way I've gotten everything to run is by switching both channels on both lightning nodes to 6 fans each. USB headers still not working upon doing this though. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks so much.

The fans should be connected to RGB Fan Hubs and then to a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro.

And when you say that the USB headers "don't work" ... do you mean the RGB for the headers? This should be controlled by the 1000D in iCUE but that's also assuming that the person that built your computer wired them correctly.

Check out the RGB FAQ at http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880 and Zotty's 1000D Build Log - http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=180073.

The fans should be connected to RGB Fan Hubs and then to a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro.

And when you say that the USB headers "don't work" ... do you mean the RGB for the headers? This should be controlled by the 1000D in iCUE but that's also assuming that the person that built your computer wired them correctly.

Check out the RGB FAQ at http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880 and Zotty's 1000D Build Log - http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=180073.

Greetings,

You are correct in regards to the RBG not working on the USB headers being the only issue that I've had. It worked prior to iCUE and once I got the correct layout on the fans I went searching for that under the 1000d option in iCUE and I'm just coming up empty. As far as the fans were wired, that's just how he told me he installed them.

I'll also look into the links you dropped as well to see if anything may help there. Thanks so much!

Can you give us a screenshot of your lighting settings in iCUE as well?

Hey! Thanks for responding. I've attached the pictures requested maybe with some additional that might could help as well. I did notice under the DIMM portion I don't have enable full software control checked. Not sure if this has anything to do with it at all.

Thanks so much for everyone trying to help out. I'm really hoping I can get this situated lol.

1000dicue.thumb.jpg.20a5dae4d726bfc74103b3a671a34824.jpg

Nodepro1icue.thumb.jpg.6b3d7a371b9d32ea6ea429d351cd912c.jpg

Nodeproicue.thumb.jpg.49b129e6f0abe45f07698df1a38ed0f3.jpg

Profileicue.thumb.jpg.daaaf508955a6038e9f0ed356ccf7a95.jpg

SoftwareAndDeviceSettings.thumb.jpg.df9ad5b8cee54bffe40d9c16ce4eb40b.jpg

Do you still have the Chassis Lighting plugged into channel one of the 1000d Commander Pro?..

when the case arrived new it should have an rgb cable plugged into channel 1,,

it runs in this order

from LED channel one to the Front sails logo (4 led's)

from the Sails logo to the front IO (18 LED's)

from front IO to Strips or RGB Fan LED Hub (added by your self)

the below image show's you where to find the LED channel 1 Pass through cable

http://i.imgur.com/hANkZEYl.jpg

if you have unplugged that lot from the commander pro and plugged your fans or strips in instead then you would get this problem....

LED channel 1 on the 1000d Commander Pro accounts for 22 LED's before it sends the RGB data to any strips/fans you have connected to the above pass through cable

Do you still have the Chassis Lighting plugged into channel one of the 1000d Commander Pro?..

when the case arrived new it should have an rgb cable plugged into channel 1,,

it runs in this order

from LED channel one to the Front sails logo (4 led's)

from the Sails logo to the front IO (18 LED's)

from front IO to Strips or RGB Fan LED Hub (added by your self)

the below image show's you where to find the LED channel 1 Pass through cable

http://i.imgur.com/hANkZEYl.jpg

if you have unplugged that lot from the commander pro and plugged your fans or strips in instead then you would get this problem....

LED channel 1 on the 1000d Commander Pro accounts for 22 LED's before it sends the RGB data to any strips/fans you have connected to the above pass through cable

The infamous Zotty mon! Thanks for the response. I passed this along to who built the computer. You all may have heard of him it's Savant PCs. The only thing I haven't done is uninstall icue to see if somehow the usb headers work then? I know for a fact it was working prior to installing icue/link. If the scenario you mentioned above is true Zotty would they function without icue/link?

Also, I don't know why but just within the past 2-3 days since I've been trying to figure this out in icue, I remember clicking hardware lighting on the fans itself, and I don't know if there's a glitch or what but there are a few fans that start with a different color pattern than the rest now. Once the system boots up and within a minute of being on the windows screen the fans go to their assigned color/lighting pattern without me doing anything. So Odd.

no worries man.. if i can help i will ;)

SO.... just to confirm. they was working.. you installed iCUE.. and they stopped working?.. and you have messed with no cabling at all?

That is correct. Confirmed they were working prior to icue being installed.

I also added some additional info on my last post about the fans not "remembering" the lighting pattern when it boots up / goes to shut down. I'm stumped.

well thats really strange.

so...

just to humour me.... the 1000d Copro in the back,,,, LED channel one... can you trace the cable to where it heads to?....

Do you have any Corsair RGB Strips?

if you have... are you able to unplug what ever is plugged into channel 1 of the 1000d CoPro.. and plug a strip in there... and does it light up?.... and does changing effects in chassis lighting make any changes on the strip?

well thats really strange.

so...

just to humour me.... the 1000d Copro in the back,,,, LED channel one... can you trace the cable to where it heads to?....

Do you have any Corsair RGB Strips?

if you have... are you able to unplug what ever is plugged into channel 1 of the 1000d CoPro.. and plug a strip in there... and does it light up?.... and does changing effects in chassis lighting make any changes on the strip?

Hey Zotty,

I will check. I'm a rather small guy and this thing weighs over 100lbs with 2x custom loops and 4x 480mm radiators. No RGB strips, HOWEVER I did fail to mention (don't know if this will play any factor) but I do have 2x strimmer RBG cables hooked up and the water block for the 2080ti is RBG as well. There also is a custom LED panel that I had CNC'd that is also wired up somehow in there and is working. Once I'm able to get a friend here to lift this thing I'll snap some picture of the wiring chaos too. : O

Ok buddy,,, sounds a technical build lol

I'm sure it was for him. That's why I was like nope, paying someone to do this. Savant did an amazing job too given circumstances.

How did you connect the Strimer and the water block?

I'd love to see pictures of the custom CNC panel too.

I posted a quick picture on this reply. It's not the best, literally my phone took a nose dive into concrete and I'll be getting a new one this weekend and will snap some more hopefully.

Not quite sure how he hooked the strimmer and the water block up lol! I sent him the link to this thread so I'm hoping he'll pop up soon! haha.

Rig.jpg.05a05fd7bcc3089ef8c088b75be86bac.jpg

Archived