Corsair Community

[PSA] If you're looking for an unofficial Linux or Mac driver, there is ckb-next now!

RoundDuckMan

You might notice on ckb's webpage that it hasn't been updated in AGES. As a result, some guys gathered together to make a fork called ckb-next. It is located here (https://github.com/mattanger/ckb-next).

It's still pretty newish at the moment, and don't expect too many changes over ckb at the moment, but hopefully (if the developer/maintainer for ckb doesn't come back) this project will get more attention and we can still have healthy cross-platform support for Corsair products. :D:

• 1 year later...

It works great. I cant believe Corsair with their own developers couldn't come with something like this but some guys on their free time could.

As good as the Corsair hardware is, I have to say that Corsair developers are the laziest and I have seen, adding that to their lack of vision I'm quite disappointing of Corsair strategy.

The work made by the guys of ckb-next is amazing, if you use OSX or Linux, you should try it.

It works great. I cant believe Corsair with their own developers couldn't come with something like this but some guys on their free time could.

As good as the Corsair hardware is, I have to say that Corsair developers are the laziest and I have seen, adding that to their lack of vision I'm quite disappointing of Corsair strategy.

The work made by the guys of ckb-next is amazing, if you use OSX or Linux, you should try it.

Corsair actually did make a Mac OS driver for CUE 2 but due to the lack of anyone using it or giving 2 craps, it was axed with iCUE.

• 1 month later...
Corsair actually did make a Mac OS driver for CUE 2 but due to the lack of anyone using it or giving 2 craps, it was axed with iCUE.

That’s blatantly false. The Mac driver was only made available to a very small number of users, I was one of them. Plenty of users expressed interest here on this forum but never got the chance to try it out. Why the project was canned is anyone’s guess, I don’t know if Corsair were expecting thousands of users to be interested or if it was a side project by one of the devs that was never officially sanctioned. I still have it installed on my Mac and am disappointed that the software was discontinued. Hope it continues to work with Mojave and beyond.

Hi everyone,

I'm just learning that the CUE software for Mac was discontinued. Very disappointed to hear this. I too was one of the early beta testers. I found out last night that unfortunately the latest version of it does not work with Mojave. Not only does it not work but it causes major crashes in the loginwindow and coreaudiod processes (I've submitted crash reports to Apple). I would strongly recommend against upgrading to Mojave with CUE installed unless you are comfortable rooting around in single user mode to get the plugin removed. The file/folder that has to be removed before the upgrade is:

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/CorsairAudio.plugin

Moving the Corsair Utility Engine app to the trash won't do it, you have to delete that folder.

I guess, unfortunately, it is time for a new keyboard from a company that has more commitment to supporting Mac users. Very disappointed. I bought a K95 RGB Platinum less than a year ago specifically to help Corsair test this. Also separately purchased PBT keycaps.

Edit: Apparently they do include a CUEUninstaller app that will presumably also delete the HAL plugin. /Applications/Corsair/CUEUninstaller.app

awesome! its working great with my K70 RGB Rapidfire.

My workaround to configure the color was using a VM with Win10 and Corsair's CUE (VirtualBox was the only working VM), no cool efects only static color configuration. Now with this i finally have the full effects on Mac.

Just FYI, using MAC OSX 10.13.6, the dev team mentioned they are working with the next OSX release

Archived