Corsair Community

Need Information On The M90

007vsMagua

Hello, this is my first post here and I'm interested in purchasing the M90. I've been reading through the reviews at Amazon and Newegg and most of the discussion is centered around macros. I mostly play fps games and would like a mouse with lots of buttons. I'm currently using a Logitech G5, but it is not working that great and I would like a few more buttons. The G700 is about perfect for buttons, but it also has drawbacks, like battery life, stiff cord, still running on SetPoint, and price.

The M90 probably has more buttons than I probably need, but the thumb button layout is the best looking option out there and I'm sure I could get used to it. My question is, will I be able to keybind single keys to my thumb buttons? (R for reload...Shift for duck...M for map...K for medkit...L for grenade...etc. etc.)

Also, if anyone would like to share their comments or experiences with the M90 please feel free to do so.

Hello, this is my first post here and I'm interested in purchasing the M90. I've been reading through the reviews at Amazon and Newegg and most of the discussion is centered around macros. I mostly play fps games and would like a mouse with lots of buttons. I'm currently using a Logitech G5, but it is not working that great and I would like a few more buttons. The G700 is about perfect for buttons, but it also has drawbacks, like battery life, stiff cord, still running on SetPoint, and price.

The M90 probably has more buttons than I probably need, but the thumb button layout is the best looking option out there and I'm sure I could get used to it. My question is, will I be able to keybind single keys to my thumb buttons? (R for reload...Shift for duck...M for map...K for medkit...L for grenade...etc. etc.)

Also, if anyone would like to share their comments or experiences with the M90 please feel free to do so.

Yes you can.

Corsair's latest software for the M90 does allow you to assign individual keystrokes to the buttons so that they emulate real keyboard keystrokes instead of requiring you to record a macro to simulate an individual keystroke.

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=108409

I'm guessing you'll come to love the M90. ;) Been using it ever since it landed on my shores and it's served me well thru many genres of games... Battlefield 3, Starcraft, Diablo 3, DotA, GW2

Thanks for the replys. From what I've read the consensus is the M90 is a fairly heavy mouse, and that is a good thing. I currently have all the heavy weights in my G5 so I'm hoping the M90 comes close to that. I have fairly large hands, so by default I guess I'm using a relaxed claw style grip. Games that I will be playing: Skyrim, Fallout 3, Crysis 2, L.A. Noire (I picked these up recently during the Steam sale), Borderlands 2, L4D2, Stalker, Mass Effect 3. One of the problems I'm having with my G5 is that there seems to be a conflict with SetPoint and Windows 7 64-bit, with a couple of my keystroke assigned buttons sporadically defaulting to Windows control. I'm hoping the M90 software works better with Windows 7 64-bit.

Archived