The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 83 votes, 4.87 average. Display Modes
Old 09-15-2017, 09:53 AM
5kft's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920156
5kft Reputation: 17
Big Grin stacking up the questions + one more

Hi Ray, thanks for all of the feedback.

RE: AX1200i fan control - this could have been a transient issue or something else; I will play with this more when I am home again and will reply as appropriate (e.g., using lists addressing all of your questions). Your pointer regarding the countdown timer is very helpful.

RE: Testing OCP in 5.24 - sounds good.

I have a new question that you may or may not have information regarding. I was considering getting a CLCP to control my intake fans based on GPU and/or motherboard temperature. SIV would be perfect for controlling this (of course). However I am using Noctua iPPC 3000s, and from numerous posts during the summer apparently CLCP doesn't/didn't support Noctua fans. I haven't had time to work through all the threads to determine this definitively, and still need to do so. (Of course, if you might happen to have any pointers here that would be great!)

My real question is that if there is a F/W update for the CLCP, is one required to use CL4 to update? I haven't seen separate firmware CLCP firmware downloads available.

It seems that the CLCP may be more hassle than it is worth, so I may end up just sticking with using a separate thermal sensor plus motherboard control as I am doing now.

Thanks again!

Old 09-15-2017, 09:57 AM
5kft's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920157
Thumbs up indeed, truly epic

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
What would be truly epic would be to TV onto it and get some screen shots
Holy cow, that is totally cool

Old 09-15-2017, 10:16 AM
pip_jones's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920160
pip_jones Reputation: 31
Default Noctua fans fixed in v4.8.0.82 with firmware 0.2.136

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kft View Post
Hi Ray, thanks for all of the feedback.

However I am using Noctua iPPC 3000s, and from numerous posts during the summer apparently CLCP doesn't/didn't support Noctua fans.
It was probably my posts (rants?) about Noctuas that you read. To save to digging, they're working without issue.

I'm not sure if I have the "iPPC 3000s", but, my 2000's are working fine.

p.s.

@Ray #1: Many thanks for the earlier praise in relation to testing. It's nice to be able to give something back.

@Ray #2: Coffee Lake "ES" @ 4.7GHz ... oh my

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2017, 10:21 AM
5kft's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920161

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip_jones View Post
It was probably my posts (rants?) about Noctuas that you read. To save to digging, they're working without issue.

I'm not sure if I have the "iPPC 3000s", but, my 2000's are working fine.
Great, thanks pip!

Quote:
@Ray #1: Many thanks for the earlier praise in relation to testing. It's nice to be able to give something back.
Yes, seconded!!

Old 09-15-2017, 10:27 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920163
red-ray Reputation: 81
Idea I suspect the CLCP will be OK after a few more firmware fixes

Quote:
My real question is that if there is a F/W update for the CLCP, is one required to use CL4 to update?
As you no doubt guessed I was quite pleased to be able to checkout SIV on the Z370 + CFL .

You need to use CL4 to update the CLCP firmware, but after doing this could uninstall CL4. I have CL4 installed, but only have it active for firmware updates and SIV + CL4 interlock testing.

Your Noctua fans should be fine with the CLCP V0.2.136 firmware and pip_jones has confirmed this.

There are a few funny CLCP firmware issues such as if the low byte of the RPM is zero the fan stops , but in general things work OK.

I suspect sooner or later you will decide to get one and if you are into bling then have a read of http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=907769.

Old 09-15-2017, 11:20 AM
5kft's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920167

Quote:
There are a few funny CLCP firmware issues such as if the low byte of the RPM is zero the fan stops , but in general things work OK.
OMG. I read through the whole thread. This would seem to be a showstopper if one uses a fan curve, no?

Quote:
I suspect sooner or later you will decide to get one and if you are into bling then have a read of http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=907769.
That is just incredible

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2017, 02:29 PM
pip_jones's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920192
pip_jones Reputation: 31

Quote:
Your Noctua fans should be fine with the CLCP V0.2.136 firmware and pip_jones has confirmed this.

Buy a CLCP and join in.

I had not spotted the "low byte of the RPM" issue that Ray mentions, that's a good one!

2_4_8_16_32_64_128_256_512_1024_2048.PNG

Old 09-15-2017, 03:33 PM
5kft's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920193

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip_jones View Post
Buy a CLCP and join in.
Yes, I'll be a member of the club soon - I ordered one, delivery on Sunday

Quote:
I had not spotted the "low byte of the RPM" issue that Ray mentions, that's a good one!
Indeed, it's pretty funny! (I'm trusting that they'll fix this...)

Old 09-15-2017, 04:03 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920197
Excited Welcome to the club

Quote:
Yes, I'll be a member of the club soon - I ordered one, delivery on Sunday
When it arrives I suspect it will have the V0.1.131 firmware or earlier. If it does then I suspect your Noctua fans won't be detected. If you have fans that are detected then please will you check what happens for 512/768/1024 RPM before you update the firmware and specify the firmware version?

I feel I should also let you know that CLCP fan hotplug does not work as this has caused confusion, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=908279

Old 09-15-2017, 08:37 PM
5kft's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920220

Quote:
When it arrives I suspect it will have the V0.1.131 firmware or earlier. If it does then I suspect your Noctua fans won't be detected. If you have fans that are detected then please will you check what happens for 512/768/1024 RPM before you update the firmware and specify the firmware version?
Yes, will do!

Quote:
I feel I should also let you know that CLCP fan hotplug does not work as this has caused confusion, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=908279
OK, thanks for the heads-up!

Old 09-16-2017, 04:27 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920246
Thumbs down The CLCP V0.1.131 firmware also has the 512/768/1024/... issue

Quote:
Yes, will do!
Thank you. I just got a report that the CLCP V0.1.131 firmware also has the 512/768/1024/... issue, but can't remember the original CLCP firmware version and you may get an even older firmware version.

Old 09-17-2017, 03:36 PM
Goa's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920372
Goa Reputation: 10

Hi
After my pc goes sleep and wakes up siv says my CHA fan 19000prm and cha 2 fan is 56000rpm. Is there a way to fix it?
Attached Images
File Type: png SIV.png (113.3 KB, 259 views)

Old 09-17-2017, 03:48 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920375
Question How long do these incorrect values get reported?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goa View Post

After my pc goes sleep and wakes up siv says my CHA fan 19,000prm and cha 2 fan is 56,000rpm. Is there a way to fix it?
Thank you for your report of this effect. How long in seconds do these incorrect values get reported?

I suspect as the system is resuming you see these impossible values for a few seconds and then you see sensible readings, is this what happens and if so for how many seconds?

What I may be able to do is get SIV to ignore the reported fan speeds for a few seconds as the system is resuming from sleep/hibernate to give time for things to settle down. Would you like to try a test SIV?

BTW are you running any other software that reports these fan speeds and if so which software?

Last edited by red-ray; 09-17-2017 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Revised regime

Old 09-17-2017, 07:15 PM
5kft's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920400
Arrow CLCP update

Quote:
I just got a report that the CLCP V0.1.131 firmware also has the 512/768/1024/... issue, but can't remember the original CLCP firmware version and you may get an even older firmware version.
Hi Ray, just a quick update. Unfortunately my unit came with firmware V0.1.131 as well. Interestingly, it didn't work with any of my fans (my spare Cooler Masters and of course the Noctuas), and I didn't feel compelled to remove a different fan from one of my other machines. So I'm glad that you received an report of the earlier firmware behavior, because I couldn't test it .

I flashed to V0.2.136 and all the fans work properly. I ended up installing the unit and configured the curves using a Synthetic, and it works very well...except of course for the "low byte is zero and the fan stops" bug in the firmware. It's rather irritating as when the fans sweep through the curve then they turn off and back on (as previously noted in http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=170330). I hope that Corsair fixes this soon .

Old 09-18-2017, 12:18 AM
5kft's PC Specs

POST ID # = 920411
Question SIV clocking processor up following wake from sleep

Hi Ray, I believe that I've uncovered a new (or perhaps related) issue regarding the previous threading and CPU utilization problem that you fixed in SIV 5.23.

Here's a summary of what I am seeing: Following wake from sleep, SIV uses more CPU, and the "CPU-0 Core Clock" entry shows 4.9GHz almost all of the time. If I simply exit SIV and re-launch it, then it works fine and the CPU clocks down to 800MHz as per normal.

Here are the steps that I can use to reproduce this:
  1. Exit SIV completely
  2. Launch SIV
  3. Observe the Core Clock speed and CPU Speed Ratios, and they look fine (e.g., mostly 800MHz)
  4. Sleep the machine, wait a few seconds, and wake the machine from sleep
  5. Observe the Core Clock speed and CPU Speed Ratios, and the the bulk of time shows it is running at 4.9GHz
  6. Wait for a minute or two and notice that this behavior doesn't change
  7. Exit SIV completely
  8. Launch SIV
  9. Observe the Core Clock speed and CPU Speed Ratios again, and they are fine
Note that if I wait for several minutes following #5 above, there still isn't any change in behavior. However, by exiting and restarting SIV quickly following wake, then it operates correctly. From this I can infer that there isn't some other process in Windows that is causing clock rates to go to 4.9GHz.

Here is a capture of [CPU Speed Ratios] at step #3 above (clean launch of SIV):
Quote:
Here is a capture of the same [CPU Speed Ratios] at step #5 above (following machine wake from sleep):
Quote:
Here's the related [IPI Delay] following wake:
Quote:
...and here's the related [STC Info] following wake:
Quote:
As always, please let me know if you need any additional information or anything. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: png cpu-speed-ratios-from-launch.png (26.1 KB, 266 views)
File Type: png cpu-speed-ratios-from-wake.png (27.4 KB, 249 views)
File Type: png ipi-delay-from-wake.png (15.8 KB, 278 views)
File Type: png stc-info-from-wake.png (48.6 KB, 280 views)

Last edited by 5kft; 09-18-2017 at 12:19 AM. Reason: minor grammatical correction

Closed Thread