The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 83 votes, 4.87 average. Display Modes
Old 08-03-2017, 05:02 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914485
red-ray Reputation: 81
Arrow Getting a CLCC may be tricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdk24 View Post
I don't know what a CLCC is
It's a http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/corsair-commander-mini and is tricky to get one as it's been replaced with a CLCP. The CLCP can control the fans, but not the LEDs as it controls 5 Volt WS2812B LEDs rather than the 12 Volt LEDs the DIMM cooler has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
If so you will need a CLCC and a Y cable. Getting a CLCC may be tricky, but they are on eBay from time to time.
Quote:
I can't figure out how to find the [chipset MCH] screen shown in your linked article. I also tried to go into the "Edit" section and change from 357 KHz to 100 KHz as also mentioned in that link, but I couldn't get it to change.
This is not something you need to be concerned about, but it's Menu->Hardware->Chipset->Chipset MCH. I linked just to show what to expect on [SMB Bus] when the DIMM LEDs are controllable.

Quote:
For me to understand and find things, you're going to have to do your best to "dumb" it down, because when it comes to this detailed of information, I really AM dumb! :-)
Given you said this I suspect not.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:29 PM
kdk24's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914542
kdk24 Reputation: 10

Apologies, I didn't realize there was more information to scroll for that screen-capture. I've added it now, just after the first capture's information for that screen.

I must admit that I'm quite confused on all the software and hardware "stuff" that this machine has. Gigabyte has software that says IT can control all the fans and lights, NXZT says IT has software that can control everything, Corsair says IT has software to control everything. Ugh! Yet it sounds like I do need to purchase more hardware to stick inside the case to "actually" be able to control everything from one software package. I'm guessing that is what your software does/is - "One Program to rule them all, One Program to find them, One Program to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them!"

I'm not quite so concerned about controlling the LED's on the RAM sticks themselves. It's the LED's on the fan cooling units that I'd like to change from red to blue. Since I'm just way too ignorant of a lot of the terms, wiring, etc. (I'm a Horticulturist, not an Engineer), I think I might be better off just unplugging the LED part of the cooling units and not having any lights at all.
Attached Images
File Type: png SIV SMB2.PNG (95.8 KB, 97 views)

Old 08-04-2017, 04:17 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914558
Question How can I help you with SIV?

Quote:
  1. Apologies, I didn't realize there was more information to scroll for that screen-capture. I've added it now, just after the first capture's information for that screen.
  2. I must admit that I'm quite confused on all the software and hardware "stuff" that this machine has.
  3. Gigabyte has software that says IT can control all the fans and lights
  4. NXZT says IT has software that can control everything
  5. Corsair says IT has software to control everything. Ugh!
  6. Yet it sounds like I do need to purchase more hardware to stick inside the case to "actually" be able to control everything from one software package.
  7. I'm guessing that is what your software does/is
  8. "One Program to rule them all, One Program to find them, One Program to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them!"
  9. I'm not quite so concerned about controlling the LED's on the RAM sticks themselves.
  10. It's the LED's on the fan cooling units that I'd like to change from red to blue.
  11. Since I'm just way too ignorant of a lot of the terms, wiring, etc. (I'm a Horticulturist, not an Engineer)
  12. I think I might be better off just unplugging the LED part of the cooling units and not having any lights at all.
I feel you should create a thread asking for general advise. When there are multiple points you should number them. I have done this for you this time and will not do this again.
  1. Looking at [SMB Bus] I can see the DIMMs don't have LED control so the DIMM LEDs can't be controlled by any software.
  2. I feel you need to start a thread asking for general advice about which software to use.
  3. The Gigabyte software can only control things connected to the motherboard. It can't control a NZXT X62 or Corsair CLCC. Further as it fails to use the locks to interlock access to the hardware you should not use it at the same time as CAM, CL4 or my SIV utility. I do not support doing this if you wish to use SIV.
  4. NZXT CAM can control the X62, it can't control the motherboard fans or Corsair devices such as the CLCC.
  5. Corsair CL4 can control the CLCC, it can't control the motherboard fans or NZXT devices such as the X62.
  6. For CL4 to control the DIMM cooler LEDs you need to get a CLCC. You could also connect up to six fans to the CLCC and then CL4 could control them.
  7. SIV can do all of what CL4 does and can also report the NZXT X62, but currently it can't control the X62. Have you read the SIV User Guide?
  8. You need to decide which software you wish to use and I advise you to create a new thread asking about this.
  9. You can't and would need different DIMMs to be able to do this.
  10. Do as I asked in post #914466, see my quote below.
  11. Can you ask a friend for advise?
  12. If you wish to use SIV to control the DIMM cooler fans + LEDs you need to get a Corsair CLCC.
Quote:
I think it should be possible to make it blue rather than red by moving the ground from the Red to Blue pin. Have a look at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=727395 as this may help. If you can post a photo of the connectors I can draw some arrows on it.

Old 08-04-2017, 11:31 AM
johnf23's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914592
johnf23 Reputation: 20
Default RGB Di

OK I’ve been “talking” to red-ray and he has helped to get my Corsair RGB memory (8 x 8GB) to change colour, either each stick individually (using the static option in SIV) or all together (using the temperature option).
This is because Corsair Link does not even see the RGB or the temperature parts of the DIMM’s and so cannot control them.
Yes, there is a small learning curve with SIV but I’m sure red-ray will help you out as he has me.
At this moment in time, I’m not going to be using CL4 again.
I’m enclosing a couple of screen grabs of the settings needed for static and temperature.
Good Luck All.
Attached Images
File Type: png AIO Link LEDs Static.PNG (53.9 KB, 833 views)
File Type: png AIO Link LEDs Temperature.PNG (54.7 KB, 4377 views)

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-04-2017, 04:05 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914618
Arrow This is an X299 + Core i9 7900X system

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnf23 View Post
AFAIK CL 4.8.0.82 does not have support for Intel Core i9 7900X IMC SMBuses which may be why CL4 fails to report your DIMMs.

Old 08-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Disabled Veteran
Bob Pilette's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914626
Bob Pilette Reputation: 10
Default AXi1500 Validation Follow Up 5.22b08

Sorry ray, how about friday?

I generated the save public forgetting about the F to C thing. Then I went and changed to C and then managed to shut down SIV instead of generating the save files. Restarted and generated them. So I gave you both in a F and C directory in the archive. Hope it is of some use.

Do we need to look at beta 11?

Bob
Attached Files
File Type: zip Val522b8.zip (591.4 KB, 64 views)

Old 08-04-2017, 06:17 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914628
Oops I too did not rember 'till today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pilette View Post
Sorry ray, how about friday?
Thank you for the files and today is fine. I checked the °F files and all the AX1500i reporting looks good. It's a shame you forgot to switch to °C, but that would just have been the icing on the cake.

Looking at the AX1500i 5VSB then the current + power are always zero, just the same as my AX1500i. I will see what other AXi PSUs report and try and find out more.

In general I prefer that the latest SIV beta be used and you should update to the release once I release it. It would be ideal if you switched to Beta-11 now and generated °C save files after a few days.

Old 08-05-2017, 12:28 AM
simplyshredded's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914645
simplyshredded Reputation: 20

Hello red-ray,

Here to try a SIV test as you referenced here: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=914643

Thanks!

Old 08-05-2017, 01:33 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914650
Excited Please try SIV 5.22 Beta-11 or later

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyshredded View Post
Here to try a SIV test as you referenced here: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=914643
Great, please try SIV 5.22 Beta-11 or later and let me know what happens.
  1. For the test you should exit CL4 before starting SIV to eliminate the possibility of CL4 causing issues, but once we know SIV controls the DIMM LEDs OK running both at the same time should be fine when SIV is not running in -AIOCTL mode.
  2. Are you running any of the ASUS supplied utilities? As they fail to use the locks to interlock SMBus access you should not have them running at the same time as CL4 or SIV, but CL 4.8.0.82 + SIV at the same time is OK as both correctly use the locks.
  3. The setup is much the same as for LED DIMMs, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=888742 and you may find the SIV User Guide helpful.
  4. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=914407 for how I setup things on my test system.
  5. I expect SIV will "just work" as it did for http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=914592. Then again I TVed onto his system and setup SIV for him so it was easy to get SIV setup as it should be.
  6. Remember to use [Link Setup] to configure the CLNP LED ports for 4 x LED Strips + 6 x SP Fans.
  7. Please post SIV initial screen + [Link Status] + [Link LEDs] +[Link Setup] + [SMB Bus] + [ SPD ] panel screen shots so I can check all is as it should be and confirm the LEDs change as you would expect.
  8. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853900 for how to attach a file/screen image to a post rather than use http://imgur.com/ as this makes it easy to have in-line images as below.

Quote:

They appear in corsair link (temperatures and timings) but don't have the option to change colors or affects (see image attached).
I can't see the DIMM temperatures, are you sure CL4 reports them? It will be interesting to see if SIV does.
Attached Images
File Type: png B250M-Plus.png (178.0 KB, 841 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 08-05-2017 at 04:00 AM. Reason: Note on locking

Old 08-05-2017, 09:12 AM

POST ID # = 914672

Hello,

One of the images attached was taken 2 days ago, as you can see the temperatures for the ram are there... However the other screen shot taken yesterday, (after uninstalling and reinstalling) do not have the temperatures... I didn't realize they were gone..

2. I have made sure to thoroughly check if I had any asus software installed, (turns out I never bothered to install them in the first place).

Ok, attached is a screenshot.. My ram is not coming up under link status? Or am I missing something?

I'm not really focusing on the issues with my SP120 fans and LNP, as I know it is due to the reported issue of defective fans that came with the case, I have troubleshooted exactly as discussed in the other forums with the same results. So at the moment I'm using LNP for the strips and the build in LED controller for the 6 fans until the defective ones are replaced.

I'm sorry If I am slow to understand some terms, I'm not knowledgeable like most other in this forum
Attached Images
File Type: png corsair link.png (157.5 KB, 100 views)
File Type: png siv.png (27.8 KB, 803 views)

Old 08-05-2017, 09:27 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914674
Idea You need to specify -AIOLED

OK about the DIMM temperatures. I have no real ideas as to why they are sometimes absent from CL4.

Quote:
My ram is not coming up under link status? Or am I missing something?
Yes, you must to specify -AIOLED and should also specify -AIOCTL.

Read http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=888742 again and do what I specified.

You could also read the SIV User Guide.

Quote:
You also need to use the SIV 5.22 beta, do Menu->File->Download->SIV Beta to get it and also use [Link Setup] to configure the CLNP LED ports for 4 x LED Strips + 6 x SP Fans.

Last edited by red-ray; 08-05-2017 at 09:44 AM. Reason: SIV 5.22 beta is needed

Old 08-05-2017, 10:58 AM

POST ID # = 914685
Default SIV Works with B250 chipset!!!!

Quote:
Yes, you must to specify -AIOLED and should also specify -AIOCTL.
Thanks red-ray!

SIV works exactly how I hoped

Attached Images
File Type: png Siv works!!.png (46.1 KB, 5126 views)

Old 08-07-2017, 05:59 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914921
Smile SIV V5.22 Beta-12 has improved ASUS Prime B250M-Plus support

Quote:
SIV works exactly how I hoped
Again thank you for checking out the SIV RGB DIMM B250 chipset support and I felt I should let you know that SIV V5.22 Beta-12 is now there and should expunge the silly temperatures.

In test mode I get as below and it would be good if you confirmed they are gone on real hardware.

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: png ASUS Prime B250M-Plus.png (77.0 KB, 801 views)

Old 08-08-2017, 03:37 AM
Johnneren's PC Specs

POST ID # = 915070
Johnneren Reputation: 10
Default PWM custom curve istead of RPM?

Hi.

I have just purchased a Corsair Commander PRO which controls 4x ML120 fans and a EK D5 PWM pump.

I bought it because I only have one true PWM header on my motherboard and I would like to control both the pump and the 4 fans separately and they should use my water temperature as control source.
I am using SIV 5.22 Beta 12 to configure it.

Currently it set up like this:
at 31 degree, start fan 1 (with custom curve)
at 32 degree, start fan 2 (with custom curve)
at 33 degree, start fan 3 (with custom curve)
at 34 degree, start fan 4 (with custom curve)
And it works like a charm, each fan powers on as expected.

But I am having some issues with my pump.
The problem is that RPM is not working on it so i would like to do the following:

1. Force PWM mode on Fan 5 (my pump). It says NC, but if I add RPM input from one of the fans I can control it in fixed PWM mode)

2. Instead of regulating by RPM I would like to just use a raw PWM curve.
So something like "Run at 20% if temp below 35, 40% if below 40, 60% if below 43"
Is this possible? I tried messing around in SIV but I can't seem to switch one fan from using a RPM based custom curve to a PWM based custom curve.

It would also be ok if i could regulate all fans based on custom curve PWM instead of RPM.

Currently I am controlling my pump with the motherboards PWM and it works as I want with the caveat that I can only regulate based on CPU temp, not the water temp.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Johnneren; 08-08-2017 at 03:55 AM.

Old 08-08-2017, 04:19 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 915072
Idea Post [Link Fans] + [Link Status]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnneren View Post
  1. Force PWM mode on Fan 5 (my pump). It says NC, but if I add RPM input from one of the fans I can control it in fixed PWM mode)
  2. Instead of regulating by RPM I would like to just use a raw PWM curve.
Quote:
Welcome to the forum and yet another very first post to the SIV thread .

For issues such as this it would be easier for me to help if you posted [Link Fans], but I suspect I can figure out what is happening anyway. [Link Status] would be good so I can see the CLCP firmware version.
  1. The NC means that the CLCP failed to detect the EK D5 PWM pump, but I don't know why, you should ask Corsair via https://support.corsair.com/ and also ask them to fix the CLCP firmware to correctly detect your EK D5 PWM pump.
    1. Firstly hotplug does not work, so you need to power cycle the CLCP/PC to detect any changes. I suggest you ask Corsair to fix this via https://support.corsair.com/.
    2. Are all 4 pins connected?
    3. It's possible if pin-2 is not then the CLCP can't detect the pump.
    4. Looking below I guess only pins 3 + 4 are connected so I would be inclined to connect a 2 or 3 watt 120 to 240 ohm resistor between pins 1 + 2 and see if that helps. I don't really know what the minimum or maximum that might work would be.
    5. At the moment the CLCP detection options are rather limited. I feel Corsair should implement what I specified in http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=913331 and suggest you ask them to via https://support.corsair.com/.
    6. I recall other threads such as http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=908029 with similar issues.
  2. The CLCP firmware only supports RPM to control Custom Curves so you can't use a PWM % . Why do you wish/need to use a PWM %?
Quote:
I think I covered all your points and it would be easier for me if you used http://forum.corsair.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode#list as I did.

Attached Images
File Type: png Only pin-3 + pin-4.png (26.1 KB, 792 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 08-08-2017 at 04:47 PM.

Closed Thread