The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 83 votes, 4.87 average. Display Modes
Old 07-29-2017, 02:52 PM
NahuelCC's PC Specs

POST ID # = 913853
NahuelCC Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray View Post
I thought I should have a look into how to do this and it was quite easy. Please try SIV 5.21 Beta-17 or later and let me know how it does.
Hi Ray. Thanks for implementing this feature! It works perfectly!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-31-2017, 12:05 PM
Disabled Veteran
Bob Pilette's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914075
Bob Pilette Reputation: 10
Default AX1500i Validation

Sorry Ray, I had misplaced my AXi USB cable. I finally found it last night adn shut down and switched over from the CLCC (I still have one CLCC running fans). Then I changed over to your V5.22 Beta 00 and the only thing I had to do was change the AX1500i link fan from default back to custom. SIV even remembered my custom curve and associated it with it. I got too tired and went to bed after that but I just generated your Save Local files so they are from an overnight run (my computer normally runs 24/7). The zipped files are attached. Hope this helps.

Bob
Attached Files
File Type: zip AXiValidation.zip (327.2 KB, 91 views)

Old 07-31-2017, 12:31 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914077
red-ray Reputation: 81
Thumbs up Thank you, it's looking good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pilette View Post
I changed over to your V5.22 Beta-00 and the only thing I had to do was change the AX1500i link fan from default back to custom. SIV even remembered my custom curve and associated it with it.
Hi Bob, Thank you, no problem and it's looking good. The USB connected AX1500i is a different device to the C-Link connected AX1500i, so will have different configuration data. I suspect SIV read the configuration from the PSU which is why it looked to have remembered it.

The latest SIV 5.22 Beta-08 also reports 5VSB, so it would be great if you updated, posted [Link Power] after a few days and let me know how things are looking. BTW you may as well now delete the save files you attached.

Now I have the USB connected AXi PSU support working I am quite pleased and feel I should have managed this a while ago. In the end there were three different tiny changes needed which with hindsight were all rather obvious. I am currently wondering if future AXi PSUs will even have a C-Link port and suspect not.

I guess the $64,000 question is have the CLCC firmware crashes gone away?

I have just looked some more at the save files and Beta-08 also improves the AX1500i register dump, so new save files would be good. 30 seconds before generating them please switch from °F to °C as in test mode SIV is none too keen on °F in save files.

Last edited by red-ray; 07-31-2017 at 06:33 PM.

Old 07-31-2017, 08:12 PM
Disabled Veteran
Bob Pilette's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914147
Bob Pilette Reputation: 10
Default AXi1500 Validation Follow Up

I updated to V5.22 Beta 08 so I will give you some new files around Thursday (providing I remember).

I will switch to C from F for you for the save files but this old brain never did learn to relate C so I will have to switch back after.

This is my GA-990FXA-UD7 V3.0 with the newer super I/O so it doesn't have that 5VSB problem reported through the MB (It actually reports a 3.3VSB which I guess is MB generated from the PS 5VSB). But since the PS is reporting directly, will the Save Local files be good enough instead of [Link Power] for that too?

It's normally the simple stuff that bites you. Imagine programming in ladder logic like I used to. Timing and racing were always a headache.Yea, I can see future AXis being USB only.

Since I had 3 CLCCs after struggling with Corsair, I put the AX1500i on its own CLCC and my case fans on another CLCC. The CLCC on the AXi always crashed at some point but it took longer without the fans. I now suspect the microcontroller is just not up to the task of keeping up with serial I/O on a constant basis. The CLCC on the fans hasn't crashed once since being separated.

I haven't thought about a Commander Pro for the fans due to the cost and I have Noctua Industrial fans. If the Pro becomes workable with the Noctuas let me know. Full range control might be nice especially if there might be a way to use the NZXT 4pin light strips. Probably too tall an order though.

Bob

Last edited by Bob Pilette; 07-31-2017 at 08:15 PM.

Old 08-01-2017, 01:39 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914164
Thumbs up The XXXX LEDs 5 volt WS2812B

Quote:
  1. I haven't thought about a Commander Pro for the fans due to the cost and I have Noctua Industrial fans.
  2. If the Pro becomes workable with the Noctuas let me know. Full range control might be nice
  3. especially if there might be a way to use the XXXX 4pin light strips. Probably too tall an order though.
If I have a SIV save file then I don't need [Link Power].
  1. Corsair kindly provided me with 2 x CLCP so I could add support to SIV and I prefer them to the CLCC, even more so now I have USB AXi PSU support working .
  2. AFAIK Noctua Industrial fans work with the 0.2.176 firmware, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=911538
  3. If the XXXX LEDs are 5 volt WS2812B then it should be possible for the CLCP to control them, but I don't have any so can't check. After a Google I expect they will work, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=914221

Last edited by red-ray; 08-01-2017 at 03:45 PM. Reason: GIMF

Old 08-02-2017, 04:45 PM
kdk24's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914352
kdk24 Reputation: 10

Hello re-ray. I've been reading through the threads about LED control for Corsair RAM and their fans, and ended up in this thread. I'll admit right away I am definitely not tech-savvy enough to understand a lot of what you are all talking about. :-)

I did download and run your program you made (thank you for that, by the way!), but it seems my RAM is not recognized, so I'm not sure what I can do. The actual Corsair Link 4 software doesn't seem to have any options for changing the LED color for the fans that came with my RAM. The modules I have are CMD64GX4M4B3466C16. The lights default as red, and I'd like to change that to blue to match the rest of my system.

Is it possible to do so with your program. When I checked the recognized components of my system in your program, all it showed was the NZXT water cooler for my processor.

Thank you in advance for your time and suggestions. Have a GREAT day! :-)

Old 08-02-2017, 05:05 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914355
Idea I suspect you will need a CLCC and a Y cable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdk24 View Post
The actual Corsair Link 4 software doesn't seem to have any options for changing the LED color for the fans that came with my RAM. The modules I have are CMD64GX4M4B3466C16. The lights default as red, and I'd like to change that to blue to match the rest of my system.
Is http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=796974 the device you have and wish to control the LEDs of? If so you will need a CLCC and a Y cable. Getting a CLCC may be tricky, but they are on eBay from time to time. What country are you in?

I guess the DIMMs are http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/dominat...4gx4m4b3466c16 and I don't think their LEDs can be controlled. If you post the SIV initial screen + [SPD] + [SMB Bus] panels I could tell more. See http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=853900 for how to attach a file/screen image to a post.

Which NZXT cooler do you have? It would be good to see what [Link Status] reports.

Last edited by red-ray; 08-02-2017 at 05:38 PM.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:13 AM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914407
Happy Maybe having the datasheet would make it too easy!

Quote:
Corsair declined to make the datasheet available to me.
Thus far only static + temperature, but it's a start . I expect all PCH + X299 Core i9 7900X IMC SMBuses to work and wonder if X99 HSW-E/BDW-E IMC SMBuses will

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-ray
I would bet several beers it will work on B250 + H270 + X299 + X370 + X399 PCH SMBuses .

Attached Images
File Type: png Corsair RGB LEDs [Link LEDs].png (23.4 KB, 5323 views)
File Type: png Corsair RGB LEDs Photo.png (189.1 KB, 5394 views)
File Type: png Corsair RGB TMPs [Link LEDs].png (24.0 KB, 1010 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 08-04-2017 at 02:45 PM. Reason: temperature

Old 08-03-2017, 09:24 AM
RGB Biker
Wulfster's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914419
Wulfster Reputation: 24

Quote:
Thus far only static, but it's a start . I wonder if this will work on X299 Core i9 7900X + X99 HSW-E/BDW-E IMC SMBuses
Light at the end of the tunnel! This may be just the persuasion I need to try vengeance rgb on my X99 system. Ray, you the man!

Best

Wulf

Last edited by Wulfster; 08-03-2017 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Damned iPad auto correct

Old 08-03-2017, 11:57 AM
loonetik's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914436
loonetik Reputation: 10

Quote:
Thus far only static + temperature, but it's a start . I wonder if this will work on X299 Core i9 7900X + X99 HSW-E/BDW-E IMC SMBuses
Awesome! Cant wait to try it out.

Old 08-03-2017, 12:05 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914437
Thumbs up Fingers Crossed

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonetik View Post
Awesome! Cant wait to try it out.
Great, please try SIV 5.22 Beta-11 or later and let me know what happens.

Quote:
The setup is much the same as for LED DIMMs, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=888742

It would be great if you posted [Link LEDs] + [SMB Bus].

You may need to enable SPD write in the BIOS, check that SMB_DIS_WRT is not checked on Menu->Hardware->Chipset->Chipset MCH.

Below it is for SMBus A + B but not for SMBus C + D, so the BIOS setting needs to be changed.

Below is a test SIV and you should update to Beta-11 once I release it.
Attached Images
File Type: png SMB_DIS_WRT.png (49.1 KB, 997 views)

Last edited by red-ray; 08-04-2017 at 10:33 AM. Reason: SMB_DIS_WRT + Beta-11 released

Old 08-03-2017, 03:08 PM
kdk24's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914460

I've attached the screen-captures you've requested.

The CPU cooler I have is the NZXT - Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler.

I live in the U.S., and this is the product I have: http://www.corsair.com/en-us/dominat...4gx4m4b3466c16

From the product's description page:
"With Corsair Link, you can control PWM fan speed directly from your Windows desktop, and change the built-in LEDs from their default red to any of 16.8 million colors to indicate fan speed, ambient system temperature, or GPU temperature. Or, just set the LED lighting color to match your system or your style."

That made me think that the equipment could be controlled on the Windows desktop with the Corsair Link software. All I really want to do is have the lights be blue instead of the default red, and the description of the product says it should be able to be any of 16.8 million colors. Simple blue will be fine for me. :-)

Am I mistaken in that "Corsair Link" is not necessarily referring to their software, but to a hardware product? If I have to purchase another piece of hardware just to change the color of the lights from red to blue, I'll just unplug the LED cable and not have the lights on. If additional hardware is required, that should be indicated in their product description so as to not come across as being deceptive, in my opinion.
Attached Images
File Type: png Link Status.PNG (25.6 KB, 131 views)
File Type: png SIV Initial.PNG (122.0 KB, 134 views)
File Type: png SIV SMB.PNG (84.9 KB, 144 views)
File Type: png SIV SPD.PNG (72.2 KB, 127 views)

Old 08-03-2017, 03:34 PM
Banned
red-ray's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914466
Idea It should be possible to make it blue rather than red

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdk24 View Post
All I really want to do is have the lights be blue instead of the default red.
I have never seen one of your LED DIMM coolers. I think it should be possible to make it blue rather than red by moving the ground from the Red to Blue pin. Have a look at http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=727395 as this may help. If you can post a photo of the connectors I can draw some arrows on it.

As I said before you will need a CLCC to control LEDs and this will also allow CL4 + SIV to control the DIMM cooler fans.

Thank you for the screen shots, these answer most of what I was wondering, but I need to see what [SMB Bus] displays for bus 1 rather than 0.

The DIMM SPD will be from [ n_50 ] to [ n_57 ] and if controllable LEDs exist they will be from [ n_58 ] to [ n_5F ], but I am 99% sure these will not exist, see http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?p=874699.

SIV can only report the NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid CPU Cooler, one day I will add control, but I need to figure out the control protocol before I can do this.

Last edited by red-ray; 08-03-2017 at 03:39 PM.

Old 08-03-2017, 03:35 PM
pip_jones's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914468
pip_jones Reputation: 31
Thumbs up Noctua fans fixed in v4.8.0.82 with firmware 0.2.136

Quote:

I haven't thought about a Commander Pro for the fans due to the cost and I have Noctua Industrial fans. If the Pro becomes workable with the Noctuas let me know. ...

Bob
Hey Bob,

Just a quick note, the Noctua fan issue was fixed in v4.8.0.82 with firmware 0.2.136.

KR

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-03-2017, 04:41 PM
kdk24's PC Specs

POST ID # = 914476

Apologies on a couple things, I don't know what a CLCC is, and I can't figure out how to find the [chipset MCH] screen shown in your linked article. I also tried to go into the "Edit" section and change from 357 KHz to 100 KHz as also mentioned in that link, but I couldn't get it to change.

For me to understand and find things, you're going to have to do your best to "dumb" it down, because when it comes to this detailed of information, I really AM dumb! :-)

Closed Thread