The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Ambient Lighting

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2020, 01:36 PM
Polecats03's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1032248
Polecats03 Reputation: 10
Default CORSAIR - Lighting Node PRO

Hi all,

I tried to install the Corsair Lighting NODE Pro with 4 LED strips. I am not sure if I did something wrong but I plugged on strip of LEDs into each port #1 and #2. I went into the iQUE and selected one strip for each port and it would only allow me to light up one strip at a time. I got curious and then daisy chained the two strips with the included extra cables together to make one long strip and plugged it into port #1. Went back to iQUE and selected one strip (maybe 2 since 2 are installed but at work and cant remember). They both worked but would not do independent lighting, it was always the same.

I guess my question is, is it possible to have one strip in port #1 and one strip in port #2? I was also wondering if that did work, can you have one strip be one color and the other be another color? If so, how do I accomplish this? Thank you for the help - new to the whole RGB thing.
Old 01-21-2020, 05:34 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1032267
DevBiker Reputation: 94

It's probably simplest to put your strips on one channel.
When you select an effect, by default it'll apply to all LEDs on the strip. However, you can select individual LEDs to apply any effect to. You can also layer them.

See the Corsair videos or my (linked) iCUE Tips & Tricks videos for examples.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 01-21-2020, 05:51 PM
Polecats03's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1032272

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
It's probably simplest to put your strips on one channel.
When you select an effect, by default it'll apply to all LEDs on the strip. However, you can select individual LEDs to apply any effect to. You can also layer them.

See the Corsair videos or my (linked) iCUE Tips & Tricks videos for examples.
So i could still just use the two strips daisy chained but assign different colors or patterns to the LEDs?

What I am trying to accomplish is have one strip from above light up blue then the strip on the vertical part of my case be another color and have them shine at the same time. Is it possible to have one effect (like rainbow) on the top LED and then a different one on the verticle (say static?).

Last edited by Polecats03; 01-21-2020 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:20 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1032275
DevBiker Reputation: 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecats03 View Post
So i could still just use the two strips daisy chained but assign different colors or patterns to the LEDs?
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polecats03 View Post
What I am trying to accomplish is have one strip from above light up blue then the strip on the vertical part of my case be another color and have them shine at the same time. Is it possible to have one effect (like rainbow) on the top LED and then a different one on the verticle (say static?).
Set up the channel with 2 strips.
Add a rainbow effect (say, Spiral Rainbow). Drag over the 1st strip.
Add a Static Color effect. Set the color to ... whatever. Drag over the 2nd strip.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 01-22-2020, 09:47 AM
Polecats03's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1032384

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Yes.

Set up the channel with 2 strips.
Add a rainbow effect (say, Spiral Rainbow). Drag over the 1st strip.
Add a Static Color effect. Set the color to ... whatever. Drag over the 2nd strip.
So I am an idiot... i figured it all out thanks to your videos ;)

Thank you so much. I have three strips connected all with different lighting modes going. Pretty sweet! I think I caught the RGB craze and want to update everything.