Corsair Community

Corsair Link 2 Beta v2.0.15

bee144

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes it worked for me, are you having a problem?

I haven't tried it yet as I wasn't sure if I should wait till the 1200i is released. I'll go ahead and check it out though.

Should I uninstall Link 1.25 first? Thanks!

• Corsair Employee

If you guys use it and play around with it, please post your comments here.

Please uninstall any older version of Link before installing the new beta.

http://www.corsair.com/media/cms/drivers/CorsairLinkInstall_2.0.16.zip

This has been tested extensively with the PSUs, and should offer the same functionality as V1 for other devices.

Since this is a beta test, we'd love to hear your feedback and suggestions. We're still working on V2, but from the beginning we were trying to incorporate a lot more of your suggestions and compatibility concerns, as well as stability.

Thanks.

Please note:

I just checked with Cool Guy and once you update to 2.X version of the corsair Link software you cannot go back.

Please uninstall any older version of Link before installing the new beta.

http://www.corsair.com/media/cms/drivers/Corsair_Link_V2_Beta_v2.0.15.zip

This has been tested extensively with the PSUs, and should offer the same functionality as V1 for other devices.

Since this is a beta test, we'd love to hear your feedback and suggestions. We're still working on V2, but from the beginning we were trying to incorporate a lot more of your suggestions and compatibility concerns, as well as stability.

Thanks.

Can't get it to work at all. Does not detect my H100 and thus, no control. The Corsair Link 1.27 installed again and everything is working fine.

I uninstalled the old version of the link and replaced it with this. Upon starting up, I noticed it did not detect the following:

-The commander

-The lighting node

-The cooling node

-The proper temps for the Caviar Black. (It was spotty at best before)

-Update Firmware doesn't launch no does check for updates (These likely need to detect the presence of the commander/either node to work I presume?)

So basically it turned my Link into a big brick :/

It is also impossible to distinguish which drives are which. How does the commander decide 1, 2, 3, 4, etc..... ? This is may be a moot point though as I don't believe the the ******** III/III Max IOPS/IV SSDs have T sensors in them anyway so whatever temp matches the HWiNFO64 is the caviar black and the others are just faulty readings.

The numbers in the Red circle indicate which group the device is in.

I know. What I meant was how does it decide HDD1, 2, 3, etc..., I should have been more clear about that.

To add to the previous list:

-No option to run on startup and consequently to minimize to the system tray automatically (missing from the previous version of the software as well.)

-Does not detect the H100

Thanks.

1. Interface looks MUCH better. Like the light vs dark and font color choices.

2. Like the snap to grid.

3. Fan device icon is nice as are the other device icons. Improvement overall.

4. Like the way the Panels autohide or can be pinned open.

Needs work:

1. Not all devices detected (H100, Commander Unit, Light Unit, Fan Unit)

2. Upon closing and reopening software, devices shift position on diagram.

3. Would like to see the names of the available cases when selecting an alternate case photo (So I know what I might like to purchase next :-)

4. Would like to see a smaller grid pattern for better location of devices.

That's it for now. Looking forward to next beta release.

1. Interface looks MUCH better. Like the light vs dark and font color choices.

2. Like the snap to grid.

3. Fan device icon is nice as are the other device icons. Improvement overall.

4. Like the way the Panels autohide or can be pinned open.

Needs work:

2. Upon closing and reopening software, devices shift position on diagram.

3. Would like to see the names of the available cases when selecting an alternate case photo (So I know what I might like to purchase next :-)

4. Would like to see a smaller grid pattern for better location of devices.

That's it for now. Looking forward to next beta release.

pics are worth a thousand words;):

Needs an option to scroll through the graphs and through the groups page instead of having to use a scroll bar. All mice have scroll wheels these days, really it's basic functionality. I also agree that the names of the cases would have been nice, maybe a drop down list?

Keep the aesthetic. It's leagues above what the old interface had (I'm using corsair dark).

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SGTTEMPEST/PC/th_Untitled.png

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SGTTEMPEST/PC/th_Untitled1.png

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SGTTEMPEST/PC/th_Untitled2.png

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SGTTEMPEST/PC/th_Untitled3.png

Another thought. Remove the obnoxious dialogue to save the profile every time you close it, one click turns into 3. Unless a change has been made it doesn't need to be saved every time.

Current Commander unit (Firmware 1.1.9) does not support V2. A firmware update will be needed. This will give you all the other devices. This is not mentioned anywhere else that I can see, just an FYI for anyone else trying this.

Good idea.

Current Commander unit (Firmware 1.1.9) does not support V2. A firmware update will be needed. This will give you all the other devices. This is not mentioned anywhere else that I can see, just an FYI for anyone else trying this.

Where is this mentioned?

^ I was just looking for something official from Corsair but you not refuting it is good enough.

Any ETA on an updated firmware release for the commander? I checked the drop box link and the only one there was the 1.1.9. Did corsair get this to work with 1.1.9 in testing or did they use a different firmware?

I would disagree with that assessment as would another member on the last page of this thread. I just uninstalled corsair link 2 and reinstalled the 1.2.7.0 version of the software without a problem. It still detects the commander, both nodes and my H100. It even kept my layout, case, names of devices and retains control of the SP/AF fans while not controlling the Triebwerk ones.

Do you mean the firmware version cannot be rolled back once updated?

• Corsair Employee
Yes and you may see some anomalies with the newer firmware that you need to install in the commander with the 2.X version of our Link software, when you go back to the previous version. Its not that you cannot do it it just may not work right.

Archived