Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2017, 08:14 AM
PapaChop's PC Specs

POST ID # = 897957
PapaChop Reputation: 13
Question H115i - i7-7700K 70c under load at stock speed

BLUF: Getting 70c temps under load with an i7-7700K at stock.

So I've been having problems with my H115i since getting it. I had an Asus ROG STRIX Z270F, but it started flaking out very quickly. I'm now running an MSI Z270 SLI PLUS.

On install, there was some play between the backplate and screws. After installing the cooler, there is none. I tried installing some small silicone washers on the Asus, it made no difference. The install is with Arctic Silver Arctic Alumina, following the install directions from Arctic Silver - 1mm thin line down the center of the spreader. I also tried the old-school application method, spreading a very thin layer across the spreader. No better.

On idle, temps sit at around 30c. Loaded with x264 stress test, they immediately hit 70c+. The coolant temperature never goes over 33c. This is with the pump on performance, and putting the fans at max doesn't make a difference.

Temps 1

Temps 2

Case setup: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass. H115i in the front, both fans pulling. Four 120mm Asiahorse exhausting, one in the rear and four on top.

Setup 1

This is not what I was expecting. Thoughts? The only two things I can figure are that either it's not making good contact with the spreader, or the pump is shot.

Tags
aio, h115i, high, temps