Corsair Community

H150i Pro RGB

PT453

Hi all.

Been having issues with my new AIO. It works, fans all spin, NO fan colors at all.

I get colors and can get the LEDs on the Pump but nothing I do will let me add colors or change colors on the stock fans.

Corsair link 4.9.4.28 sees the pump, lets me change the colors of the pump.But I click on the fans in link for the h150pro and can't change the colors. Fans spinning on performance level.

Seems to cool nicely just no colors. Some guidance please.

I guess that is why it was $30 cheaper than the thermal take one. Dang.talk about deceptive advertising. The video with George (on Amazon) shows colored fans on a build with the coolers installed. Oh well. I will have to make a update ro my review.

Thanks. I see the TT one shows theirs with RGB fans. I guess that is what I get for buying a corsair case, corsair dominator RAM and keyboard.

How was it deceptive advertising? Nowhere on the packaging does it say that it includes RGB fans. Yes, they show builds with Corsair colored fans but, unlike some other vendors, they have multiple options for RGB fans. And there are many that don't want colored fans. So rather than charge for RGB fans that 75% (or more) of the people will replace anyway, they ship them with very quiet and well performing non-RGB fans.

Really ... that's kinda like saying that cereal boxes are deceptive advertising because they always show the cereal with milk ... but it doesn't come with milk. Do they start adding "milk not included" on cereal boxes now?

Oh well. I will have to make a update ro my review.

Good idea.. main thing you need to mention is that it's always a good idea to research what's in the box you are buying... assumption just doesn't work dude,

time to admit this was your mistake ;)

Corsairs Official Fitting Guide.. No RGB fans

[ame]

[/ame]

Corsairs Official Store.. No RGB fans

http://www.corsair.com/en-gb/hydro-series-h150i-pro-rgb-360mm-liquid-cpu-cooler

Corsair-H150i-Pro-Box.jpg

none on its box either

[ame]

[/ame]

or here...

The pics were deceiving. especially the one with George.

Yes it was my mistake. but I wanted it as much a as a corsair build as possible, And I jumped on it without watching any reviews..

I almost always watch reviews, patience was lacking.. I love the corsair logo. ram, keyboard, case. I just didn't want to spend another $100. But am spending close to $4000 so no real big deal. Might do a push pull with the rgb fans now.

Thanks for the replies.

• 4 months later...

NO IT WAS NOT HIS FAULT !!

The box says : H150i PRO RGB

RGB !!!!

NOT 25% RGB, NOT "PUMP ONLY RGB", not NO LIGHT - SMALL LED ON PUMP !!!!

This is fckin fraud, i just bought it, i have spent 2hrs through many reviews after unpacking, because i thought someone ripped me off with knock-off, just to fid one - only one that especially states THAT THIS iS NOT RGB COOLER !!!!!!

Corsair webpage says RGB COOLER, not RGB PUMP ONLY, and COOLER is whole product.

I will never buy corsair again, i bought also 570x and of course got the worst RGB fans after seeing most reviews with LL fans, i was disappointed to know that i get **** and i can buy better Corsair RGB fans, even better Corsair RGB fans and LL fans which are shown IN ALMOSt EVERY REVIEW.

Look at corsair page for 570x, the big picture titled under BUILDER’S PARADISE - the photo shows LL fans !!!!!!! and what you get is being ripped off....

**** (stop starring my F-U.C!K TO YOU) YOU CORSAIR AND **** (stop starring my F-U.C!K TO YOU) YOU ALL STANDING FOR THESE FRAUDS !!!!

Hey, hey!

lol. That post ^.

The front of the box has these very words on it -

"Low noise 360mm RGB Liquid CPU Cooler"

CPU Cooler.

When you flip the box around to the back and read exactly what it is you're about to purchase, the top left corner of the detailed side of the box, has a picture of a fan. Under it, in multiple languages beside English, states very clearly what fans come with the H150i Pro RGB.

When you flip the box to one side and read exactly what it is you're about to purchase, it states very clearly

- Customizable RGB Backlit Pump Head

- 360mm Radiator with Three 120mm ML Series Quiet PWM Fans

And you rage!

When you visit the Corsair website and read exactly what it is you're about to purchase, it states very clearly,

"The CORSAIR Hydro Series H150i PRO is an all-in-one RGB liquid CPU cooler with a 360mm radiator built for low-noise cooling and bold styling with an RGB LED pump head."

CPU Cooler.

When you scroll down, there is picture after picture of what you're buying, clearly noted as such.

"DYNAMIC MULTICOLOR RGB LIGHTING

Vibrant RGB LED pump head produces vivid lighting effects to match your build."

"POWERED BY MAGNETIC LEVITATION

Three low-noise 120mm ML Series magnetic levitation PWM fans deliver improved airflow and produce just 25 dBA of noise at full speed."

And you rage!

Pure gold!

Hey, hey!

lol. That post ^.

The front of the box has these very words on it -

"Low noise 360mm RGB Liquid CPU Cooler"

CPU Cooler.

When you flip the box around to the back and read exactly what it is you're about to purchase, the top left corner of the detailed side of the box, has a picture of a fan. Under it, in multiple languages beside English, states very clearly what fans come with the H150i Pro RGB.

When you flip the box to one side and read exactly what it is you're about to purchase, it states very clearly

- Customizable RGB Backlit Pump Head

- 360mm Radiator with Three 120mm ML Series Quiet PWM Fans

And you rage!

When you visit the Corsair website and read exactly what it is you're about to purchase, it states very clearly,

"The CORSAIR Hydro Series H150i PRO is an all-in-one RGB liquid CPU cooler with a 360mm radiator built for low-noise cooling and bold styling with an RGB LED pump head."

CPU Cooler.

When you scroll down, there is picture after picture of what you're buying, clearly noted as such.

"DYNAMIC MULTICOLOR RGB LIGHTING

Vibrant RGB LED pump head produces vivid lighting effects to match your build."

"POWERED BY MAGNETIC LEVITATION

Three low-noise 120mm ML Series magnetic levitation PWM fans deliver improved airflow and produce just 25 dBA of noise at full speed."

And you rage!

Pure gold!

My Hero!!!!!! :)... you rock dude :) lol

Maybe I should complain that the fan cables on my HD-120 are also not RGB?

I looked at the Amazon video and it is very apparent to me that they don't have LEDs on the fan. It looks like there is a SP-120 RGB as an exhaust, though all the light you are seeing are being provided by surrounding RGB strips, which you can see. The ambient lighting from the strips and the SP-120 are hitting the back of the fan blades.

If they were trying to advertise this a RGB Cooler w/ RGB Fans, then they would have shown it off with a TG front panel w/ RGB fans. They are showing the fans are exhausting, you see no light emitting from fan, just reflecting. The ML fans are going to be quieter than the standard rifle bearing or fluid bearing fans. I bet most people buying these already have the SP-120 fans on the 570x and would use the included fans for push/pull.

The pics were deceiving. especially the one with George.

Yes it was my mistake. but I wanted it as much a as a corsair build as possible, And I jumped on it without watching any reviews..

I almost always watch reviews, patience was lacking.. I love the corsair logo. ram, keyboard, case. I just didn't want to spend another $100. But am spending close to $4000 so no real big deal. Might do a push pull with the rgb fans now.

Thanks for the replies.

FYI, we are not mocking you.

You can always look out for deals, I have gotten the HD-120 set of $60ish I have seen the LL-120 for a lot less than the msrp. I think I have seen LL120s for $85, but that also includes the LNP.

• 1 month later...
The worst thing of all is trying to just get the h150i box open. The only possible way appears to be like a 7 year old opening a Christmas present, just rip the **** out of it. My gawd, how do they get this thing boxed!!

The worst thing of all is trying to just get the h150i box open. The only possible way appears to be like a 7 year old opening a Christmas present, just rip the **** out of it. My gawd, how do they get this thing boxed!!

HaHa...I did manage to find the end opening. But as to the original point of this thread. There are a few YouTube vids that do some decent tests regarding this subject. The instructions that come with the cooler says..."for best cooling performance, we recommend mounting the fans as air-intake to your PC case" The YouTube tests did show a significant lower CPU temps when mounted as intake but at the expense of higher GPU temps depending on what type of GPU you have. Nothing else in the case or motherboard were significantly affected by the increased temps.

Mounting the cooler as intake will provide the coolest air to cool the coolant. This, in turn, is what cools the CPU. However, this does come at a cost - it increases the internal temperature of the case including, but not limited to, the GPU.

I'd venture to guess that most folks have their coolers installed as exhaust. In many cases, it's the most practical installation option. It does, however, require that you manage the internal case temperatures pretty well ... something that we see folks having trouble with occasionally.

However, this does come at a cost - it increases the internal temperature of the case including, but not limited to, the GPU.

But where is all the hot air going with a conventional cpu mounted air cooler? I would suggest that an aio being used as intake does not increase the internal air temps. As long of course there is still a sufficient amount of fresh intake\exhaust nothing changes except that NOW you're using outside, generally cooler air, to cool your CPU.

Got my H150i mounted in the front of the 570x as intake. my intake temp is 27.2. the airflow from my rad is at 27.8. I also have my top fans as intake. I suffer no heat issues what so ever because of how the h150i is mounted GPU rarely goes over 60c when gaming.... and very little dust and fluff as all intake is filter and indeed the case is running positive pressure.

I just purchased this today, personally I found the info ref only the pump being RGB very clear indeed, hence why I’ve also grabbed 6 LL120s.

However one thing I can’t find is whether or not the RGB header on the H150I can be controlled with Icue or not?

I know my 6 LL120s can, and I’m pretty sure my Vengeance RGB Ram can be, even though it’s not the pro version.

Can anyone answer about the pump header? It’s no big deal if not, but it would be nice to get everything synced in together.

Thanks for quick answer guys, much appreciated. Gave in to the new Vengence RGB Pro memory as well, so just managed to change my order and swap out the Vengence rgb I had chosen to the new pro versions, which should look rather nice alongside the H150 cooler head

• Corsair Employee
Thanks for quick answer guys, much appreciated. Gave in to the new Vengence RGB Pro memory as well, so just managed to change my order and swap out the Vengence rgb I had chosen to the new pro versions, which should look rather nice alongside the H150 cooler head

I'm with you on this one, the Vengeance RGB PRO was too much for me to ignore.. gotta have it :D: You wont regret it!

It can also be controlled by Link, if you don't want to install iCue, which is, after all, a BETA release, rather than the eventual full fat, all singing and dancing version that we will eventually get.

the latest version (iCue 3.5.111) is actually pretty solid tbf (imho of course :biggrin: )

Archived