Corsair Community

Original HX1050: SATA cable compatibility

voltagex

Unfortunately I have misplaced some of the modular cables from my HX1050.

It seems like the HX1050 uses the Gen2 cable kit, which is unobtanium, even if I wanted to pay ~$100AUD+shipping forwarder fees from the US to Australia.

I have read the compatibility chart, but I'm still not sure if I can use a Gen3 or Gen4 SATA cable with my PSU.

• Corsair Employee
Unfortunately I have misplaced some of the modular cables from my HX1050.

It seems like the HX1050 uses the Gen2 cable kit, which is unobtanium, even if I wanted to pay ~$100AUD+shipping forwarder fees from the US to Australia.

I have read the compatibility chart, but I'm still not sure if I can use a Gen3 or Gen4 SATA cable with my PSU.

I think you mean Type 2. Generation 2 just means they're flat.

That PSU is so old, why not just replace it? Surely the output quality isn't what it used to be.

I could "guess" that it's Type 3. The sides of the connectors say "TX/HX Only" which is why I lean that way. AX used to use Seasonic's pin out which is completely different. If you have access to another Corsair PSU made in the last 10 years or so, you can borrow the cables and confirm that. But I wouldn't do it plugged into a PC in case they're not wired the same. I would use a DMM.