Corsair Community

Flash voyager 16GB

mavphoto

I have started having disconnections issues with my Flash voyager 16 Gb key 3 weeks ago.

The disconnection is only happening on my main PC, I sent my new key to Corsair to get it replaced and got my new key back few days ago.

Well, it is still doing the same thing on my main PC but not the others!

I have USBDeview installed, I removed the driver from my system and it reinstalled it but with same result.

My similar system have the same motherboard installed with Win 7 home edition in 64 bit, 2 GB of ram and it does not have this issue at all.

This is really annoying and I need to fix this before loosing my mind, any pointers would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Mav

• Corsair Employee

First to make somethings clear on what you have stated,

1. We have replaced the drive and you still see the same problem; Correct?

2. This only does this on that one system; on other systems you do not see that problem; Correct?

If the answer is yes to both questions then most likely the problem is not with the flash drive. And I would try to re-install the USB Mass storage driver on your system. And what is the make and model of the MB or system and what other USB devices are you using; have you tried the system with no other USB devices connected?

Correct to questions #1 and 2

Motherboard Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P

Processor AMD Phenom II 955

Memory (part number) 8 Gig of Skill F2-8500CL5D-4

Video Card # 1 Nvidia GEForce GTX 260

Hard Drive # 1 WD 1500ADFD

Hard Drive # 2 WD 7500 AAKS

Optical Drive # 1 Samsung S203B DVD

Case Antec 600

Power Supply Corsair 620W

Sound Card Audigy X-FI

Monitor Samsung 931C

Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

USB Flash Drive (and size) Corsair Voyager CMFUSB2.0-16GB

The bizarre thing I noticed is that if I insert any other USB key into my main PC, it does not have any issues with it. They are low capacity USB keys is the only difference.

You have a specific procedure for removing the mass storage driver?

• Corsair Employee

Yes removed all unnecessary USB devices then connect this drive.

In device manager you should find a listing for the Corsair Flash Voyager/Survivor under disk drives then remove it (un-Install) then go to USB Controllers at the bottom and remove everything from the Bottom up in USB Controllers. then remove the USB Drive from the port its in. Then restart the system and do not connect any devices until its all the way up in windows and then install them one at a time with the Corsair Drive as the first device you connect.

Few things to keep in mind when doing this.

1. If you are using a USB KB and Mouse they will stop working when you remove the devices listed in USB Controllers so doing this with a PS2 Mouse is much easier.

2. Make sure that you install any updated BIOS/drivers for Chipset prior to doing these steps. And that you have all of the Microsoft Updates installed.

3. Any USB devices should be disconnected IE Printers external US Drives and or devices, especially any that have card readers.

Archived