Corsair Community

H115i - no RGB Port?

HiddenX

Hi all,

I installed this AOI into my System and am quite happy with it.

But there is one point am wondering about: There is only a RGB-Connection to the lightning-node for the fans of the radiator and no connection for the processor-cooler itself.

Is it possible that the RGB-LEDs of this cooler are not addressable for ICUE or did I miss something?

thx for help and regards

carsten

Hm. Looks like you're right: There are two plugs left. They are connected to each other so it could be a splitter. One of the plugs is labelled with "1".

But both are female connectors as well as the lightning-node?

I think all other connectors are at the right place- the pump is working as well as the fans. The fans are turning, the LEDs are lit and are addressable with ICECUE. Only the Pump's LEDs are just doing a rainbow and do not show in ICECUE.

Edited by HiddenX

The USB internal connection is how the device communicates with the software. No usb, no device in iCUE.

The extra splitter on the pump is for the lighting wires coming from the ML140-RGB high speed fans. If you are not using Corsair RGB fans, then those specialized connectors won’t get used.

You do not have to use the pump’s lighting controller for the ML-RGB fans. If you already have existing Corsair RGB control for the same type of fan, you can plug them into the RGB lighting hub and then to a Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro. However, if you have a case full of LL or HD fans, the Platinum’s lighting controller will keep the lighting effects as intended for the ML.

It is possible the cable itself has an issue. However, also be aware the two connected devices must be able to communicate (cooler and motherboard). I don't know if your system specs are current or not, but if your chipset or other associated USB drivers for the motherboard are missing, drastically out of date, etc., then it may not work either. Sometimes you get weird reactions from one port or another. If you have another internal USB 2.0 port, you can try that as well.