Corsair Community

Fighting with CUE for a long time.

Kazalus

I've been fighting the CUE for about 6 months, I'm finally to the point where I need to post something. For information I'm running windows 10, a K70 Lux, and a Scimitar.

It all started when I did a complete wipe of my PC. One of the first things I did was install CUE, and oh did the problems start rolling in. First thing that happened is as soon as it was installed my computer completely forgot that I had a mouse and keyboard, lights turned off, nothing worked, etc. I dont remember what I did to fix it, but I had to plug in my old Logitech stuff to fix everything.

What next? When I boot up my PC every day, 1 of 4 things happen: the mouse doesn't work, the keyboard doesn't work, neither works, or things work fine. Sometimes there are no lights and nothing it detected. Sometimes everything is working and the side buttons on my mouse don't work. Sometimes everything works but my CUE settings are reset and I need to redo everything.

I have tried your "rename corsair folder to corsair.OLD" or deleting it to get it replaced FIX. I have tried completely removing CUE and reinstalling it multiple times. I have tried unplugging and plugging in the mouse/keyboard over and over when they're not working (this NEVER works).

After seeing posts about these problems dating back over a year, and yet these problems still exist and you only have "a workaround that should get most of you up and running again", I am almost at the point where I would just as well throw my gear out the window and find something new. I am not a super tech savvy person, but I am pretty sure having to hard reset my PC because my keyboard and mouse aren't working is not good for it.

Dude you will not finding me defending CUE any time soon, I have completely stopped using it at all, but watch out for this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4091240/usb-devices-may-stop-working-after-installing-the-february-13-2018-upd

I've spent half of my day thinking my Strafe RGB was dead and instead it's ****ing Windows 10 update completely destroying USB support. I have now almost managed to fix it except everything works BUT the Strafe RGB, when I plug it it it's recognized by CUE but the KB itself doesn't type and lights go randomly on and off. I think it needs a full driver wipe and reinstall but I'm not sure how to do that deep enough.

Please fillout your system specs.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/profile.php?do=extra

1. Is still occurring during update/reinstall of CUE?

2. If fast boot is enabled, Either disable it or enable full USB initialisation.

If you have not done so already, put in a support ticket with Corsair.

https://support.corsair.com/

Its been a good 5 years since I built my PC, is there an easy way to find my specs?

1. Yes I have updated/reinstalled multiple times. Even uninstalling and deleting all traces of it on my computer before reinstalling.

2. Not sure what that is.

Archived