Corsair Community

k70 MK.2 profile switch button only cycles through software profiles

fakrgbkeyboard

I have a profile switch button on my keyboard. My understanding of corsair rgb keyboards is that when the iCUE software is running, it will cycle through my software profiles (or hardware profiles if I click them explictly). And when the software is NOT running, it will cycle through my hardware profiles.

I have 2 software profiles: Default and Blank. I have 3 HW profiles, lets call them A,B,C. When the computer (Windows 10) is unlocked, and iCUE is running, the profile switch button cycles through Default and Blank (software profiles). If I click explictly on A,B or C (hardware profiles) only then it will cycle through hardware profiles).

If I lock the computer, I can cycle through all of my HW profiles, A,B, and C, using the profile switch button.

However, if the computer is unlocked, and the software is NOT running, then the profile switch button only cycles through Default and Blank. My understanding of this is that the iCUE software must be running because how else can it access only my software profiles and not my hardware profiles?

I checked the windows processes and sure enough there are 3 background processes:

Corsair.Service (32 bit)

Corsair.Service.CpuIdRemote

Corsaior.Service.DisplayAdapter

I'm guessing one of these is the driver, but could the others be part of the iCUE software?

BTW I'm running latest firmware and downloaded latest iCUE as of 01/06/2020

• Corsair Employee

1.) You cannot use HW profiles when iCUE is running. The moment you click out of iCUE, it will default back to the first SW profile on the list.

2.) Locking the computer disengages iCUE. This is why you're able to cycle HW profiles.

3.) If your PC is unlocked, and iCUE is not running, it wouldn't be cycling through Default and Blank. This means your iCUE is closed but still active (click "X" doesn't close iCUE, its still running in your system taskbar). You can also confirm if iCUE.exe is running by checking your task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and see if iCUE.exe is under Background Processes.

it makes sense that icue is still running but I don’t understand why. If clicking x is not the right way to close it what is? On windows 10 if I right click on the taskbar icon all I see is close window. There is not “quit” in icue I saw, so that just leaves the x. And I’ll check task manager again but from what I recall I did not see icue.exe running, just the 3 Corsair services above

1.) You cannot use HW profiles when iCUE is running. The moment you click out of iCUE, it will default back to the first SW profile on the list.

2.) Locking the computer disengages iCUE. This is why you're able to cycle HW profiles.

3.) If your PC is unlocked, and iCUE is not running, it wouldn't be cycling through Default and Blank. This means your iCUE is closed but still active (click "X" doesn't close iCUE, its still running in your system taskbar). You can also confirm if iCUE.exe is running by checking your task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC) and see if iCUE.exe is under Background Processes.

Hi again, thanks for your help yesterday. You are absolutely right that iCUE is running as a background task. However closing this task still did not cause my keyboard to fallback on my hardware profiles. Are there other background tasks I should be aware of? Do you have any recommendations as to how to properly close the program so that I don't have to keep exiting from the task manager?