Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2019, 12:12 AM
KayneL's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023443
KayneL Reputation: 10
Default Corsair Lighting Node Pro Issue - No RGB

Hi all,

I recently purchased 3x Corsair LL120 RGB fans with the lighting node pro.

Upon installation I have found that I am able to control the fans via PWM (in bios and with installed software) but the LEDs for each fan do not turn on from boot.

I find that if I unplug the USB 2.0 connector then reboot the LEDs will come on, but on the default rainbow effect. Obviously because the USB connector is disconnected ICUE does not pick up the fan LEDs.

I have tried everything I can think of to rectify this issue, I have disabled/enabled fast boot in control panel/power options & bios, as well as enable XHCI Handoff.

I'm at a loss as to why they aren't working, tried setting these up on my secondary PC and the LEDs work fine while the USB 2.0 is plugged in.

Any suggestions on how to rectify this would be greatly appreciated. Mobo is a Maximus Hero VIII.

Edit - Thought I may have an issue with my onboard USB 2.0 sockets but tried plugging in my normal USB 2.0 headers to each and found USB functionality to be perfect with each.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:01 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023444
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Did you configure the channel with the correct number and type of fans?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 11-09-2019, 01:31 AM
KayneL's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023447

I have connected the 3 fans to ports 1, 2 & 3 on the RGB HUB. The HUB itself is plugged into #1 on the Node Pro.

I haven't found anything to configure software wise as nothing comes up in link or ICUE.
Old 11-09-2019, 02:58 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023451

The Node Pro doesn't come up in iCUE? You don't need Link, btw.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 11-09-2019, 06:02 AM
KayneL's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023460

Yes that is correct, nothing in ICUE at all. Going to purchase a usb 2.0 to mini usb cable tomorrow and swap out to see if the cable is the problem.
Old 11-09-2019, 12:35 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023473

Yup, that's the next step. Also, checking USBDeView to see if the LNP shows up there, even before the miniUSB cable. Download USBDeView from https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

Old 11-10-2019, 07:53 PM
KayneL's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023582

USBDeView didn't show anything being detected - odd.

However I've swapped out the cable, rather than it being USB mini -> USB 2.0 motherboard header it is now USB mini -> USB 2.0 standard. This has fixed the problem.

Lighting node pro is now showing up in iCUE without issue. I've read on other posts about stories that were similar to this, that is where I got the idea of swapping the cable out.

I wonder if it has something to do with Mobo compatibility? Tried these fans/node pro on an older mobo yesterday (via the USB mini -> USB 2.0 header cable) and had no problems.

Regardless problem is solved now so no worries. Thanks for your input!
Old 11-11-2019, 12:09 PM
BlaiseP's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023631
BlaiseP Reputation: 35

More likely a problem with the internal ASMedia USB 2.0 hub/driver. I run 2 x Commander Pro's and use an active internal USB hub to drive them. Others (including myself in the past) have had success using a NZXT internal hub. Older ASMedia motherboard USB ports are a known problem and it appears that ASMedia never bothered to fix the driver.