Corsair Community

temperature issue

Nissehult

i have fixed my custom water cooling and when i got everything again cpu showing 40-65c and gpu is 40-46, when i got everything for the first time my cpu was at 25-35. i dont know if its the loop or its the block or thermal paste.

Loop: pump > gpu > cpu > radiator > radiator > pump

hfjfh.thumb.jpg.c1185fa811c50663a5648aba789ebf34.jpg

Edited by Nissehult

Is the Commander Pro temp your coolant sensor? The CPU is definitely way above that, but make sure you are viewing that in relation to load. It's hard to find a quiet moment with no activity these days. Also, my GPU diode temp will sit pretty much at the coolant temp when the voltage is at the baseline. Your's is also probably above that by 12C. It is possible there are two contact issues.

However, before you start pulling things apart, make sure you have proper fluid flow. Stagnant flow could cause both of those item to show more heat. Set the pump to 100% for a few minutes and see if anything changes. If you see a quick drop in temps (seconds), then there likely is a flow issue vs contact.

You are going to have to be very precise in your observations. The CPU can change temperature in milliseconds and for legitimate reasons. Make sure your CPU load is low and something is not running in the background at an elevated rate.

Did the CPU, GPU, or coolant temperatures suddenly drop when you increased the pump speed?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee

When upgrading the loop with GPU water block, was the CPU water block removed?

We should focus on CPU load temperatures as it's the only relevant data to check for proper fitment of the CPU water block.

Can you run a CPU stress test and report the CPU temperature and coolant temperature.

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry, it is impossible to have 35°C in load with 9900K, the dT is usually around 42-43K, meaning you would need to run chilled liquid of -10°C (compressor chilled water) to attain such temperatures under load.

This is a case of wrong observation. Trust me, ~71°C under load is fantastic. There's still around 40°C until thermal limit.