Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-21-2019, 03:20 PM

POST ID # = 990867
Enjieru Reputation: 10
Default LL120 suddenly flickering

Hi,

I got a problem with my fan setup.
I use 6x LL120. 3x LL120 on the Commander Pro, 3x LL120 on h150i pro.
I got 2x RGB Hub. One for the LL120, one for the SP on the 570x.
Additionally I use a Lightning Node Pro for the LED Stripes.

About a week ago Fan 5 and 6 (hooked to Commander Pro) began to flicker. Didnt change my setup recently. The last change was in late november when I bought the h150i and used 3 LL on it (which were connected to the Commander Pro before)

On Spiral Rainbow 5 and 6 flicker a lot.
On Instant Lighting, if I chose red, 5 becomes red/blue and 6 stays blue.
If I chose green, 5 and 6 blink red - green - red - green.
On white the fans have a little led spot in a different color.

I first thaught the problem was a fan problem so I contacted amazon and got a replacement. Same problem with the fans. So I changed the RGB Hub as well but same problem with 5 and 6.

I disabled fast startup as I read somewhere it could cause a problem.

No idea what to do now, any help is welcome!
thx :)

Edit: icue and all the hardware is on the latest firmware.

Last edited by Enjieru; 01-21-2019 at 03:35 PM.

Old 01-21-2019, 06:30 PM
jwilds1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 990895
jwilds1 Reputation: 10

My configuration is very similar, and experiencing the exact same issues with nearly the exact same timeframe.

(3) LL120s plugged into a Fan hub which (I believe) is plugged into a Commander Pro. This is by memory, as the PC is wall-mounted and I'd have to take it down to confirm.

2 of the 3 fans flickering constantly. Currently using "Arc" Lighting style with white/black. When flicker occurs, small segment of lights on each fan (2 or 3 LEDs) change to a random color then back to white. Choosing a "Temperature" setup makes everything crazy.

iCue has been updated to latest and greatest, and firmware confirmed to be latest.

Old 01-27-2019, 10:10 AM
lhul5ley's PC Specs

POST ID # = 991525
lhul5ley Reputation: 10

Same sort of issue here. 3 LL 120 RGB's, hooked into the provided Lighting Node Pro, then into the Commander Pro. Fan 1 is fine for now, and 2 and 3 have either 1 or 2 LED's malfunctioning. Can't use any sort of animation at all or they go haywire. Set on static color for now (white) and there is a green, an orange, and an orange flickering LED.

Old 02-04-2019, 08:18 PM

POST ID # = 992692

Support told me to uninstall all other lighting related programs.
Still didnt work - a day after it suddenly worked normal.

Since today the problem is back.
Flickering and on white green/red spots plus some other crazy color problems.
Same fans as before...

Last edited by Enjieru; 02-04-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Old 02-05-2019, 12:24 AM
SinOfHeart's PC Specs

POST ID # = 992712
SinOfHeart Reputation: 10

I have a similar issue, when it is doing anything with shifting colors it is super obvious it is flickering or randomly restarting. Even with static colors I occasionally see a fan turn off an LED and then turn it back on (and an LED strip also fully turns off occasionally when set to static, if it is animating it has the same loop bug as the fans). I feel like it got worse recently (not sure if this is due to some bug in the iCue software), as I hadn't really noticed anything like this and then suddenly it was terrible and happened all the time.

My setup is 6 LL fans and 4 RGB LED lighting strips hooked through a combination of a single Lighting Node Pro and a Commander PRO.

Last edited by SinOfHeart; 02-05-2019 at 12:31 AM.

Old 02-08-2019, 09:54 PM

POST ID # = 993276

Installed 3.12.118 and still the same problem.
Kinda frustrated...support was no help, too.

Old 02-09-2019, 02:11 AM
ThatsDirty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 993296
ThatsDirty Reputation: 10

Following this thread, just recently installed my new H100i Plat cooler and doing a push pull with the ML RGB fans connected to the cooler hub, but my 6 other LL fans (which I've had for about 6 months) now started doing a very fast flickering every so often.

Old 02-09-2019, 07:16 AM
bww306195's PC Specs

POST ID # = 993312
bww306195 Reputation: 10

same issue here. PC was built maybe 6 months ago and the LEDs on all 6 LL fans worked like a jewel.... until a couple weeks ago. The most aggravating part? it randomly goes back to working as designed with no change by me. However, if i were to restart my pc or turn it off and boot it back up, only 1 fan appears to work without defect at all times. the other 5 fans go haywire, flicking rainbow vomit with no apparent pattern. 30 minutes later, I'll look over and lo and behold, the lighting is functioning properly again. Personally, i think too many of us are having this same problem in too many different configurations for it to be a hardware problem or user error. I'm chalking it up to a software problem that Corsair, while they may be working toward a resolution, refuses to openly admit the possibility of it being the software causing the issue.

PS: my problem persists through both Link+CUE2 and iCUE.

Edit: Here it is, working, just as it should

https://media.giphy.com/media/39vn71...Karh/giphy.gif

Last edited by bww306195; 02-09-2019 at 07:27 AM.

Old 02-10-2019, 03:53 PM
ThatsDirty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 993532
ThatsDirty Reputation: 10

Here's a video of my 5 and 6 fans flickering, all my other fans seem to be fined. I do notice that after a while of my PC being turn on they don't represent themselves back and my profiles play as normal.

In the video it flickers two times.

Last edited by ThatsDirty; 02-10-2019 at 03:54 PM. Reason: forgot some words

Old 08-01-2019, 09:51 AM
CorePrime's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1013350
CorePrime Reputation: 10

Did anyone get this fixed? I'm been having this same issue for the last month.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:57 AM

POST ID # = 1013460
Zycore1 Reputation: 10

Same issue here with my 6 LL fans. Static Red seems to work fine though. Static White don't work, Rainbow don't work either. Random flickers, stutters, lag and sometimes the fans go completely black.

Old 09-03-2019, 04:12 PM
Lush78's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1016723
Lush78 Reputation: 10

Jumping in to report exactly the same problems here. Corsair 500D SE with 6 LL120 fans on commander pro with node. My #2 fan has one led that flickers interrupting the sequence animation across fans and tons of inconsistent behavior. On static blue, that #2 fan has a flickering led that seems to be running an animation of its own cycling through colors.

Has support been silent on this?

Old 09-09-2019, 01:47 PM
Steel Reign's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1017515
Steel Reign Reputation: 10
Default Possible problem found. Solution? Maybe?

I am someone else who has this exact same issue, but I have done some extensive troubleshooting. I want to share with everyone what I found since I have read countless threads and posts and CORSAIR has shown very little concern about this, which is highly disconcerting since this fans are not cheap.

I have:
H150i Pro
6 LL 120mm RGB Fans
4 LED Strips
1 Lighting Node Pro
1 RGB Fan LED hub

All 6 fans are connected to the RGB Fan LED Hub which then connected to the Lighting Node Pro and the 4 LED Strips are connected Directly to the Lighting Node Pro.

I had 5 out of 6 fans start flickering constantly on my if I have any kind of pattern going. If i selected a static color, say red, 2 of the 5 were half red half purple. The other three were a blue-ish purple. I tried all the suggestions about using older software and firmware. Even trying to go back to the old Corsair LINK software the fans still had the same issue. I finally decided to play around with the order in which the fans were plugged into the fan hub. Long story short, I was able to get 5 out of the 6 fans working just fine. it appears that the cause is a bad fan. ended up is the bad fan in the #6 port. If I plugged it in anywhere else in the line, it would cause 4 of the other fans to flicker as well. Putting it back at the end made everything work fine except for the one fan.

I can't verify it is truly because of a bad fan issue, because I don't have any spare LL120's laying around, but it seems fairly likely that this is the cause of at least my issue.
I will try and RMA the fan with Corsair and update this post with the results when I have them.

Hope this helps someone, because if you are anything like me, this issue and lack of any kind of solution from Corairs on it is driving you F-ing crazy.

Update:
This is indeed a fan problem. Not a firmware, Lighting Node Pro, or anything else people are guessing at online problem. Follow what I did above to help you troubleshoot your problem. If you think you know which fan is the culprit, place it in the 6th port and then all others should work fine with the exception of the bad fan. Then contact Corsair and RMA it.

Good Luck,

Steel Reign

Last edited by Steel Reign; 09-11-2019 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Update

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:02 PM
Governor_'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 1018108
Governor_ Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Reign View Post
I am someone else who has this exact same issue, but I have done some extensive troubleshooting. I want to share with everyone what I found since I have read countless threads and posts and CORSAIR has shown very little concern about this, which is highly disconcerting since this fans are not cheap.

I have:
H150i Pro
6 LL 120mm RGB Fans
4 LED Strips
1 Lighting Node Pro
1 RGB Fan LED hub

All 6 fans are connected to the RGB Fan LED Hub which then connected to the Lighting Node Pro and the 4 LED Strips are connected Directly to the Lighting Node Pro.

I had 5 out of 6 fans start flickering constantly on my if I have any kind of pattern going. If i selected a static color, say red, 2 of the 5 were half red half purple. The other three were a blue-ish purple. I tried all the suggestions about using older software and firmware. Even trying to go back to the old Corsair LINK software the fans still had the same issue. I finally decided to play around with the order in which the fans were plugged into the fan hub. Long story short, I was able to get 5 out of the 6 fans working just fine. it appears that the cause is a bad fan. ended up is the bad fan in the #6 port. If I plugged it in anywhere else in the line, it would cause 4 of the other fans to flicker as well. Putting it back at the end made everything work fine except for the one fan.

I can't verify it is truly because of a bad fan issue, because I don't have any spare LL120's laying around, but it seems fairly likely that this is the cause of at least my issue.
I will try and RMA the fan with Corsair and update this post with the results when I have them.

Hope this helps someone, because if you are anything like me, this issue and lack of any kind of solution from Corairs on it is driving you F-ing crazy.

Update:
This is indeed a fan problem. Not a firmware, Lighting Node Pro, or anything else people are guessing at online problem. Follow what I did above to help you troubleshoot your problem. If you think you know which fan is the culprit, place it in the 6th port and then all others should work fine with the exception of the bad fan. Then contact Corsair and RMA it.

Good Luck,

Steel Reign
Glad you got yours working in the end. I replaced all my fans and commander pro still got same problem so this still leaves me to believe it's the software, theres no way all the stuff I replaced is faulty also.

Old 10-24-2019, 05:16 AM
venum's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1022206
venum Reputation: 10
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Reign View Post

I have:
H150i Pro
6 LL 120mm RGB Fans
4 LED Strips
1 Lighting Node Pro
1 RGB Fan LED hub

Update:

Good Luck,

Steel Reign
most definetly NOT a fan problem! its iCUE related the last update destroyed my 3 LL120's RGB to bits and pieces! not a single RGB problem BEFORE UPDATE!