Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-14-2018, 10:38 PM
definiv's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985474
definiv Reputation: 10
Default FPS drop (cursor lag) only when iCue window active

I'm experiencing pretty severe cursor lag whenever the iCue window is active on my system. Has anybody else dealt with this?
Old 12-15-2018, 05:24 PM
vcms's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985583
vcms Reputation: 10

I am having the same issue! I also get massive FPS drops when gaming. Ive noticed it happens roughly once an hour/every 45-50mins. Its extremely annoying i had to just uninstall ICue.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:29 PM
DangerClose's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985584
DangerClose Reputation: 10

iCue is in massive need of optimizing. I posted a thread a week ago about the 500 point drop in 3DMark scores with iCue running and people roasted me. It's just a fact and the software needs to be improved.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:18 PM
Mussels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 985615
Mussels Reputation: 10

I've noticed a 5-10% CPU performance loss on a 2700x from having icue open, its a little absurd

a few versions back it was even worse, hopefully they work on it

Last edited by Mussels; 12-15-2018 at 08:24 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:18 PM

POST ID # = 985616
frflorio01 Reputation: 10

Omg, finally some other people with this issue. I've tried to figure out what is causing it. Since i just did a new pc build. I want to say its the new windows 1809 update. My other PC on the older version of windows was running icue flawlessly...then i updated it to the latest windows as well, all of a sudden..the issue is now on my 2nd pc. FPS drop when icue is in the foreground, even if you touch the taskbar icon you will notice an FPS drop until its not in the foreground. This also goes along with a screen flicker around the edges of my monitor. Which all stops when icue is not in the foreground anymore. I've noticed the same screen flicker in the loading screen of the game league of legends as well.

To be clear though, it seems icue is still doing its job despite these graphical errors and fps drops.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:05 PM

POST ID # = 985780

Checking back in...so far i think a potential fix. I uninstalled my nvidia drivers using ddu. Now no fps issues, at all with icue in the foreground..its back to being smooth again.
Old 12-18-2018, 09:00 PM
vcms's PC Specs

POST ID # = 986034
vcms Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by frflorio01 View Post
Checking back in...so far i think a potential fix. I uninstalled my nvidia drivers using ddu. Now no fps issues, at all with icue in the foreground..its back to being smooth again.
I just uninstalled/reinstalled my nvidia drivers and iCue. Still having fps issues. Such good products but such terrible software
Old 12-18-2018, 10:52 PM

POST ID # = 986044

same, turned my computer off for the night thinking all was fixed, went to sleep. Turned it on the next day and the fps issues and light screen flickering were back. ugh
Old 12-19-2018, 09:02 AM

POST ID # = 986081
malheur Reputation: 10

I also had this problem and it was making me crazy. I did notice that iCue was trying to sync with my Gsync monitor. It was lagging my mouse especially when iCue was on the foreground. Once I killed iCue, all my mouse problems were gone. I was in touch with Corsair support and continued to find the problem myself. It seems like iCue is using the openGL system and therefore conflicts with the nvidia driver.

But I came to a solution: in the nvidia driver settings, add iCue as a program and set all features to off (Antialiasing, shader cache,..) And most important, I set Monitor Technology to fixed. This resolved all my mouse lag.

I have giving Corsair support all this feedback and it was send to software engineering for further investigation.

Hope it helps.
Old 12-19-2018, 09:07 AM
Mussels's PC Specs

POST ID # = 986082
Mussels Reputation: 10

I dont have this issue but i dont have a Gsync monitor - can anyone else with the issues confirm they have Gsync?
Old 12-19-2018, 03:10 PM

POST ID # = 986110

Quote:
Originally Posted by malheur View Post
I also had this problem and it was making me crazy. I did notice that iCue was trying to sync with my Gsync monitor. It was lagging my mouse especially when iCue was on the foreground. Once I killed iCue, all my mouse problems were gone. I was in touch with Corsair support and continued to find the problem myself. It seems like iCue is using the openGL system and therefore conflicts with the nvidia driver.

But I came to a solution: in the nvidia driver settings, add iCue as a program and set all features to off (Antialiasing, shader cache,..) And most important, I set Monitor Technology to fixed. This resolved all my mouse lag.

I have giving Corsair support all this feedback and it was send to software engineering for further investigation.

Hope it helps.

This did it boys and girls. Completely fixed my FPS issues and light screen flickering with ICUE I did the above recommended solution, restarted the program and problems gone. Thanks for that fix! :)

Now i also have this issue in League of Legends, but only the loading screen when loading into a game, so it says to me its not just icue. Again this only started happening to me when i did the latest windows updates, rolling back didn't help either though :(

and yes, i have 144hz G-sync monitor
Old 01-28-2019, 12:22 AM

POST ID # = 991616
Turdpeterson Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by malheur View Post

Hope it helps.

Ahh man this was driving me nuts to the point i had to stop using icue, when it was in the forground it lagged like gsync didnt exist, making a nvidia profile and changing those settigns fixed the issue for me as well at least on desktop under normal use, however if i do any type of stress testing (100% load ) and icue is running it still causes severe system lag, and im on a i7- 9700k / 32gb ram and a 1080ti

Last edited by Turdpeterson; 01-28-2019 at 12:29 AM.
Old 08-31-2019, 01:04 PM

POST ID # = 1016302
Mortac Reputation: 10

I have an LG 34GK950F monitor and I've been having random flickering issues with the screen. After having been unable to fix the issue for months, I reported the monitor as faulty to the store I bought it from, and was on the verge of returning it.

However, I noticed recently that whenever I had iCUE selected as the active window, these flickering issues would instantly appear. This was the first time that I could actually reproduce the flickering at will. So, the flickering does occur randomly, but when iCUE is the active window, it will instantly occur.

Then I found this thread by recommendation and followed the instructions from Malheur above, and now my problems are gone! So I literally was about to return my monitor as faulty due to Corsair's crappy drivers!

I can't believe this thread is over a year and a half old and Corsair have yet to fix this issue! Seriously! I had great hope for Corsair when I bought their expensive keyboard and was planning to base my peripheral ecosystem around Corsair, but now I'm having second thoughts about this and may go for a different manufacturer instead.

Fix these issues and stop ignoring them!!
Old 09-15-2019, 02:27 PM

POST ID # = 1018294
ALaz502 Reputation: 10

Guys I had this issue too and legitimately figured out my solution. I'm able to reproduce it 100% of the time.

iCUE doesn't play well with G-Sync when it's "Enable for windowed and full screen mode." Switch G-Sync to Full Screen only. Presto. Fixed.
Old 10-16-2019, 01:01 AM
- V -'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 1021403
- V - Reputation: 10

Hi guys,

Newly registered to the forums but been lurking around for a while. Been having the same issue as the OP and tried everything mentioned in this thread but still no solution except for the full screen fix stated above. However i play alot of my games in borderless window and that doesn't really work for me. Is there anything else i can do to fix the cursor issue or am i stuck with it? Is there any news from the devs regarding this issue?