The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-18-2019, 10:26 AM
Infiltrator's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998138
Infiltrator Reputation: 10
Default Hi 150 Pro LM120 Fans Interchangeable

I've just purchased a Corsair 500D ES case and a Hi150 Pro. What I'd like to know is is it possible to swap the case's LL120 for the LM120s. I've already swapped them out using GH e Hi150's LM120 fans as a rear exhaust and 2 on top of the case. Now, front mounting the HI150" s radiator I've mounted the 3 LL120 fans to the radiator so they're back in their origin location - albeit with the radiator mounted.

My question is should I plug the LM120s to the motherboard fan headers and then the LL120s to the pump's fan connections. Of I do this I was wondering if it would impact the Commander Pro which the LL120 fans I believe should be plugged into.

I can imagine the 3 fans that work with the Hi 150 have to be plugged into the pump's fan connections so it knows when to increase the RPM when the CPU's temps rise. I'm just wondering if it will throw the Commander Pro which will accommodate the LL120's LED cable connections. Does the Commander Pro control the fan's RPM in conjunction with the LED lighting effects?

Swapping them out is ideal for me as I don't need RGB in the roof and rear as the case is stowed away in an office so you can't even see the RGB there.

Last edited by Infiltrator; 03-18-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Old 03-18-2019, 11:43 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998147
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Yes, you can swap them.
The fans on the radiator should be on the the radiator's controller (the H150i) - whether they are LL or ML. The other fans can be on the motherboard or, if you have one, the Commander Pro.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 03-18-2019, 03:11 PM
Infiltrator's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998173

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Yes, you can swap them.
The fans on the radiator should be on the the radiator's controller (the H150i) - whether they are LL or ML. The other fans can be on the motherboard or, if you have one, the Commander Pro.
Thanks for the reply. That's excellent news. I do have a Commander Pro, I just didn't know whether or not both the power for the fan's power and LED had to be plugged into the Commander Pro. Of course, if it were the case it would have meant I couldn't have swapped them given the H150i has to have the fans plugged into the supplied headers.

Old 03-18-2019, 04:12 PM
Infiltrator's PC Specs

POST ID # = 998180

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Yes, you can swap them.
Thanks for the reply. That's excellent news. I do have a Commander Pro, I just didn't know whether or not both the power for the fan's power and LED had to be plugged into the Commander Pro. Of course, if it were the case it would have meant I couldn't have swapped them given the H150i has to have the fans plugged into the supplied headers.

Tags
500d se, rgb hi150 pro