Corsair Community

Corsair K70 Keys not Working

kid_a

Hey guys, so a few years ago I purchased a Corsair K70 keyboard and it worked perfectly for a few months. Out of nowhere, the keys simply stopped working at all. Now, after many years I've taken the keyboard out of storage and am dedicated to fixing it. I've opened it up completely and have the PCB exposed and have tried many solutions that I found online like holding ESC while plugging in the keyboard to try and remove it from demo mode, downloading the Corsair utility for keyboards, and switching to BIOS mode on the keyboard. On the PCB the connectors seems to work fine and the keyboard lights up well, but the keys just won't work. I've taken the connectors out and put them back in many times and just can't seem to figure out the problem. The volume wheel works but the media keys don't (when I plug in the dedicated connector for the volume wheel). I think my time for any warranty is up and honestly at this point I just want to fix this keyboard for fun and to get better with hardware. Any tips or helpful advice would be amazing, thanks in advance!