Corsair Community

Hi Everyone!

First of all I'd like to mention I'm new to the world of PC building/gaming. I am loving it so far! Wish I got into it much earlier in life.

I've recently purchased the Obsidian 500D RGB case and am currently waiting anxiously by the mailbox for its arrival.

The reason for this thread is I would like to know where others hide their RGB controllers. My current build is using a coolermaster case that has its own RGB controller along with a thermaltake 280mm water cooler that also has its own RGB controller. I've decided to upgrade to a much nicer case and am chasing ideas on where to hide the controllers.

I'm curious to know if it's possible to use 1 controller for both the TT water cooler and the 500D RGB case. Does such a thing exist?

Just incase my questions are common knowledge in the custom pc game I apologize for my ignorance.

Thanks in advance!

• 1 year later...

I'm curious to know if it's possible to use 1 controller for both the TT water cooler and the 500D RGB case. Does such a thing exist?

Kinda. There are 3rd party adapters available that will allow you to control the TT water cooler's RGB (as long as it's Aura Addressable RGB) from iCUE with a Commander Pro/Lighting Node Pro.

Just incase my questions are common knowledge in the custom pc game I apologize for my ignorance.

Thanks in advance!

No worries. I do suggest taking a look at the RGB FAQ that's linked in my signature. Lots of common (and less common) knowledge there to get you started!

My latest trick is tucking them into unused drive bays: I get one of those 2.5"-to-3.5" converters for mounting SSDs into spinner bays, and they provide a perfect flat surface to sticker them onto with the dual-sided foam tapes. There's plenty of room around them to cable-manage as well, and they keep everything tucked nicely away.

Of course half the reason I have so many drive bays is that in my 1000D I'm using a pair of NVMe tucked away in the motherboard and then a bunch of SSD in the french-door mounts, so that leaves me five standard bays sitting unused.

• 2 weeks later...
My latest trick is tucking them into unused drive bays: I get one of those 2.5"-to-3.5" converters for mounting SSDs into spinner bays, and they provide a perfect flat surface to sticker them onto with the dual-sided foam tapes. There's plenty of room around them to cable-manage as well, and they keep everything tucked nicely away.

Of course half the reason I have so many drive bays is that in my 1000D I'm using a pair of NVMe tucked away in the motherboard and then a bunch of SSD in the french-door mounts, so that leaves me five standard bays sitting unused.

I do the same, I have my Commander Pro and Lightning Node Pro in one of the 5.25 drive bays.

I used to hide mine in an empty drive back, stuck down with double sided foam tape, but I have since upgraded my case to a Phanteks Enthoo Pro TG which has a fan hub integrated behind the motherboard tray, so I just stuck my Lighting Node Pro and the RGB hub for my HD fans back there too. If your case has room behind the motherboard, that would be my pick. If you have a case like my old one and not even a mite could fit behind your mobo then empty drive bays or the bottom of the case are the way to go.