Corsair Community

Certain buttons suddenly show the wrong color

ATimmeh33

A few buttons on my keyboard aren't showing the correct color, for instance when I make all my buttons orange, a few show up green. When I make everything green, a few show up yellow.

The buttons that aren't working correctly are: C, F, R, 4, F4, Home and Page Down.

Was this because of the recent patch? Is this a known issue? Is it fixable?

Hmm, is it were keys like WASD I would have asked you to check if you have groups with colors which could conflict with the background colors. But those random keys seem pretty odd.

Try to set your entire keyboard to each of the following colors, white, red, blue and green. It's probably that a few of the RGB leds aren't probably calibrated. Probably requires an RMA as I doubt there is a fix for that.

Write up a ticket and see what they say.

Cheers,

Let me try each of those colors:

White:

4 is a slightly green/yellow-ish.

C, R, F, F4, Home and Page Down is light blue.

Red:

C, F, R, 4, F4, Home, Page Down, Numpad 5 and Next song buttons are green.

Blue:

4 and F4 look lighter blue than normal

Green:

4 and F4 look yellow/green-ish instead of green

Also, what is an RMA? (Sorry if that's a stupid question :P)

Let me try each of those colors:

White:

4 is a slightly green/yellow-ish.

C, R, F, F4, Home and Page Down is light blue.

Red:

C, F, R, 4, F4, Home, Page Down, Numpad 5 and Next song buttons are green.

Blue:

4 and F4 look lighter blue than normal

Green:

4 and F4 look yellow/green-ish instead of green

Also, what is an RMA? (Sorry if that's a stupid question :P)

Judging by those results there is definitely something weird going on, I'm assuming you did so from a fresh profile?

And it's not a stupid question. :)

RMA stands for Return Merchandise Authorization, which basically means that the company/seller agrees to exchange the product. They give you a "RMA number" that you slap on the shipping box and that's about it.

If it has been less than 30 days that you have the keyboard, most retailers will offer no hassle exchange. (Check it out)

Cheers,

Judging by those results there is definitely something weird going on, I'm assuming you did so from a fresh profile?

And it's not a stupid question. :)

RMA stands for Return Merchandise Authorization, which basically means that the company/seller agrees to exchange the product. They give you a "RMA number" that you slap on the shipping box and that's about it.

If it has been less than 30 days that you have the keyboard, most retailers will offer no hassle exchange. (Check it out)

Cheers,

I have the keyboard for about half a year now. And yeah, I tried it on a fresh profile.

C,F,R,4, and F4 are as close to a straight line (as far as straight on a keyboard goes) as you can get. I would not doubt if there is a group assigned somewhere and that group is getting mixed palette-wise with your intended color. Seems unlikely that all those keys would experience bad LEDs at the same time, and with the same symptoms.

Hi, I'm currently facing similar issues. It seems fine when I did G and B. But with R, my tab, caps, L-ctrl, G1, F12, NUMPAD7 are showing up as yellow instead of R. My Q, A, ESC, G2, PrtScn, windows key and mute button are really dull. Barely any colour/light showing up. May I know what's wrong? Ive bought it for barely 3 months. :<

Archived