Corsair Community

RMA #R238189 update

Update: I called customer service again on April 3rd. They again said I was on the backlog, and that they had no replacements in stock. I was then placed on hold, then the rep came back and said they would ship out my replacements that day (the 3rd) and email me the tracking number when it was available. I asked the rep to verify my email address, and it was correct, so I am now waiting on the email, again.

• Corsair Employee
I have contacted the RMA Department. They will update you the status via the email address you submitted. We are currently making some changes with our database. Thanks for your patience.

After being jerked around with this whole process, at this point I would be happy just to get my money back. They (not you RAM Guy) say we'll email you, we'll call you, and you never hear from them. They keep saying I'm on the backlog, but Newegg has been in and out of inventory, and back in stock, 3 times since Corsair has recieved my DIMM's. I've had about enough of this customer disservice.

If he is a customer service rep, it is his job to deal with customers. Myself, being a customer, who has spent over $1300 on your product, and am being brushed off by this supervisor.

I've now been told that I will be emailed 3 times. I've been told twice, that my replacement parts "will ship out today", I've been told by said supervisor, that he would call me back 3 times, and inform me of why I am having to wait almost a month for my replacement product. I have caller ID, and not one time has Corsair called me.

Every time I call I'm told that the RMA system is down, this is now extending into week 2. If this is the case, your IT department sounds as bad as the customer service group.

I've read your recent posts, where you are not allowed to update anymore on RMA's. You seem to be the only rational person there, and now they've cut you out of the loop.

I feel with the emails I've sent, the telephone calls I've made, the overnight shipping I paid to get the faulty product back to Corsair in a timely manner, that I would get a little better service.

I am told that my replacement RAM is on the "backlog", and that there is no inventory to draw my replacement parts from. I ask then how has Newegg gone from "out of stock" to "in stock" not once, but twice, while I sit here waiting on "inventory" so I can reap the benefits of dropping $700 on your product.

What does a customer have to do to get a straight answer from the people responsible for dealing with warranty issues?

I'm getting the same "canned" responses from Corsair as well.

"Our system was down." "Our system shows we haven't received the defective products yet" "We'll ship it out tomorrow"

I'm going through the same horrible process as well. It's ridiculous.

If I can't get my money back, and these 8888's are so hard to make, I would be willing to accept 4GB of this memory in exchange: http://www.corsair.com/corsair/products/specs/TWIN2X2048-9136C5D.pdf

Don't know how flexible your return service is, I'm just floating an idea to finally put an end to this nightmare. I've been waiting for almost a month, let me know what you think.

• Corsair Employee

First thing you would need to discus the return options with our customer service 888-222-4346 Ext "0" and they can help you with that.

Second there is no MB on the market that will run 4 XM2S-8888C4 modules let alone 4 XM2S-9136C5 modules at the tested settings with 4 modules installed.

With either set when four modules are installed you would likely have to run the memory frequency at DDR667 or DD800 depending on the platform and MB you have.

Archived