Corsair Community

K70 needs special maintennannce?

Zuhl3156

Do you like the double characters in my post? This is my third keyboard ad it has failed before reaching the 7 week milestoe. The 'N' rarely types or gives me two, the F also rarely types or gives me double characters. What do I have to do to get a gaming keyboard that will work longer than 6 weeks? Top of the line? I don't think so. Do I have to put it in my mom's dishwasher to clean it? Stick it in a dehumidifier overnight? I had a CM Quickffire Pro for six months that never once typed double letters. Everybody insisted I would be much happier with a K70. I listened. I am so very sorry. I went all out Corsair with a M65 mouse and H80i. The mouse is the only thing that is holding up its end of the bargain. The H80i failed and after tiring of waiting for a replacement to ship I went and got a Swiftech H220. This cooler actually works and your H80i sits on a shelf collecting dust. I am fairly sure that you have lost me as a customer and probably anyone else that formerly listened to my recommendation to buy a K70 instead of a Quickfire Pro.

It's not normal for someone to experience issues with a third replacement.

Request an RMA and tell them you have replaced it three times now, provide your previous RMA# and they should help you.

Yeah, they should help me but unless they address the problem with Cherry about the quality of their MX keyswitches I will keep having problems. I have looked at other manufacturer's keyboards and they all have owners complaining of the same problem I am having. Regardless of type, or color, the common denominator in all of these issues is the Cherry MX keyswitch. Somebody has to sit down with the representatives from Cherry and demand a better product. All of the keyboard manufacturers, including Corsair, are getting a bad reputation for poor quality products when the fault clearly falls on Cherry's MX switches.

BTW, I have seen a lot of rants at EVGA forums and some are totally absurd because the owner of the product is unfamiliar with driver installation or is expecting too much from a low range product. I don't think I am expecting too much from a high-end gaming keyboard and there are no driver issues here but at least at EVGA and other forums there is normally a response from a member of their official support staff.

don't think I am expecting too much from a high-end gaming keyboard and there are no driver issues here but at least at EVGA and other forums there is normally a response from a member of their official support staff.

Zuhl3156, Toasted is actually one of the official forum helpers backed by the support team to answer questions and help out around here along with a couple of others.

The best thing you could do is either log back in to your ticket and let them know you have yet another issue and ask them if there is anything that can be done to help you, or call CS by phone and talk to someone . That would certainly be the fastest way to get through. I'm sure they will do their very best to rectify this.

I have looked at other manufacturer's keyboards and they all have owners complaining of the same problem I am having. Regardless of type, or color, the common denominator in all of these issues is the Cherry MX keyswitch. Somebody has to sit down with the representatives from Cherry and demand a better product. All of the keyboard manufacturers, including Corsair, are getting a bad reputation for poor quality products when the fault clearly falls on Cherry's MX switches.

Finally someone who looks past the logo on the product! I couldn't agree more .

I'm sure they will do their very best to rectify this.

Finally someone who looks past the logo on the product! I couldn't agree more .

I appreciate your response but until Corsair and the other manufacturer's admit there are problems with their products due to an inferior product by Cherry MX keyswitches an RMA will not be a viable solution to my problems. At least an official statement acknowleging this is a problem would give me some hope. Corsair seems to want to bury their head in the sand and say this is not a problem since they produce hundreds of thousands of keyboards a few of them are sure to have some problems. The best solution in my mind is to announce that all products with defective Cherry MX switches will be upgraded to models with the "New and improved Cherry MX-2" keyswitches. At least all of my LED still work in this K70. I have a Sidewinder X-4 that I genuinely hate but never had any problems with that I can use as a last resort.

Now I am truly baffled. Two days ago my K70 started working fine again. There was a cold spell that dropped the temperature into the 30's last week which in turn dropped my indoor temperature from 70°F to 64-65°F. Maybe these Cherry MX keyswitches are temperature senesitive and need time to adjust to the change? Either way, when my K70 works I love it and when it doesn't I don't even want to turn my PC on in the morning. It is a genuine work of art although it is temperamental moody work of art.

Archived