Corsair Community

Problem with temperature sensor H100i RGB Platinum SE

vozna

Hi everyone,

Im new here but ive bought H100i RGB Platinum SE liquid cooler month ago and seems like there is some problem with temperature sensor. Sometimes it spikes up too high (37 degrees) when iam just browsing in Chrome, however my CPU temperature is steady. When i start the system, temperature is usually under 30 but then as the cooler is running it of course rises to around 32 degrees.

Ive gone through several posts here and learned that several people are having issues with false temperature reading of the sensor. I tied the fan speed adjustment to my CPU temperature and made a custom curve. It help to prevent ramping of the fans due to false reading of the probe but the problem with displaying false coolant temperature is persisting. I tried to shut down RGB and temperature went immediately down about 7 degrees (from 37 to 30).

Should I consider replacing my cooler?

Thanks a lot in advance for your inputs!

Contact Corsair support. It could be either a firmware flash or replacement if it's physical, but either way they need to know units are experiencing this, what batch they came from, etc. Both solutions will require you to go through support anyway.

For now, keep running from CPU temp or you can switch to fixed fan speeds. Lock it at 800 rpm for the desktop (or whatever) and then set something comfortable for gaming/load etc. 1300 rpm? 1500 rpm? It won't really make much of difference beyond 1-2C for the CPU and you cannot overheat with a fixed fan speed unless that value is 0 rpm.