Corsair Community

Flow indicator randomly stops

Okay, so just installed my hydro x loop yesterday. I leak tested all night and half the day today off the just the PSU. While doing this, i could visually see the flow. as well as the flow indicator spinning. When I plugged everything into the mother board, i no longer see the flow in the tubes, etc, nor do i see the flow indicator spinning. Although it randomly does begin to spins when the rad fans begin to spin up. With that said, my temps seem stable, although, im getting slightly higer CPU temps than from the AIO i had but much lower temps on the GPU. Currently runnin 770k delidded, and 2080 Super Xc. idle, i was seeing around 30 degrees, and now currently CPU is around 43-45. GPU seems to maintain around 30 and abouot 40-50 under load. AM I doing something wrong? Is there a setting in ICUE that remedies this? Help appreciated, thanks in advance.

when your pump drops to lower rpm sometimes the waterflow will not be enough to overcome the inertia of the spinner anymore. there's no bearing just plain plastic spinning on a metal axle which is not good friction wise and with water around, it needs some bit of force to get going.

if you have an XD5, you don't necesarely need to vary pump RPM. Past roughly 40% speed, it has little to no impact on temperature.

I keep mine at 60% PWM all the time and only change fan speeds.

below 30 - 35, you start to see temperature increase because flow is too small.

Worth testing on your setup :) you could have better idle temperatures AND a spinning thingie

I used to get this exact same problem, the flow indicator on my XG7 would randomly stop, never adjusted my XD5 PWM, it would just stick. I would always panic thinking my pump had stopped...but after looking at my CPU temps I knew it hadn't cos otherwise it would of been climbing :)

I just got used to it, although I haven't seen it stick for approx. 2months now (bought it last August).

Just keep an eye on your CPU temps if you notice it sticking, if it's climbing and climbing then you know the pump has stopped.