Corsair Community

K70 Rapidfire RGB, K70 Strafe RGB, or K70 Lux RGB

vuddit

So, I want to buy a keyboard but I have no clue what to get, especially considering they are all between £140 and £150!

It's between the:

1. K70 Rapidfire RGB MX Speed

2. Strafe RGB MX Silent

3. K70 Lux RGB MX Brown.

I will be using the keyboard for a lot of gaming but I also want it to be quiet enough that it's not annoying to type quickly on. I was wondering if someone could recommend me one of the three keyboards and say why they have.

Thanks,

Vuddit.

Edit - Apologies for typo in title, it's just strafe not k70 strafe.

• Corsair Employee

If you are worried about noise, Strafe MX Silent will be your best bet.

#1 and #2 has the same actuation force, which is 45g. The MX speed has an actuation distance of 1.2mm oppose to 2mm. It will take some time to get use to the MX speed, given that you have used a mechanical keyboard before.

IMO, i would give the Rapidfire a shot because of the competitive advantage in gaming. It took me about 1 week to get use to Rapidfire and I came from Cherry Reds

Having used two of the three for the last month, I would choose between the K70 RGB Rapidfire and the Strafe. The Browns are going to be the nosiest of the bunch. I find the Speed keys rather quiet by comparison and after adjusting your typing style, your strike force will come down quite a bit, further reducing any noise. The Rapidfire is a very soft click. There are some obvious physical differences between the Strafe and K70 LUX RGB line, so that may be the deciding factor.

the k70 LUX has better firmware I believe only for lighting.

I know for a fact after playing with my friends strafe MX fsilent that the keys feel a lot different and are indeed a lot more quiet.

Personally i do not care how loud my keys are but the strafe slient felt very smooth, I did not type for a long period of time on it so i can't go into too much detail but I can say they are in fact silent. Not completely but very quiet compared to regular switches

I wouldn't put the RGB speed as even an option. They really do not have much of a faster response time or noticeably less force to activate the switch than the k70 lux unless you are the flash.

All three of the keyboards listed have the upgraded lighting controller.

There is a substantial difference in feel and actuation force between the K70 LUX RGB Brown and the K70 RGB Rapidfire listed at the top. The Cherry Brown switches are louder. The K70 LUX RGB Red is not on the list.

All three of the keyboards listed have the upgraded lighting controller.

There is a substantial difference in feel and actuation force between the K70 LUX RGB Brown and the K70 RGB Rapidfire listed at the top. The Cherry Brown switches are louder. The K70 LUX RGB Red is not on the list.

Yeah that's for sure here. I absolutely hated my blues for how loud they were for that reason. I would really like another red switches from my old keyboard on my K70 LUX and should of got that version but switching out every individual switch is too tedious for me.

The strafe speed with the "speed switches" that are just reds that are suppose to take less actuation force I really couldn't tell a difference AT ALL between those and reds.

I don't know if the K70 rapidfire uses those same red switches but it would be a bonus I guess? I think they do.

You can get a bag of o-ring dampeners to calm the sound down and lessen the actuation force on brown switches (or any switch) for about 8-10 eruos. probably 8-10 USD too.

Hope this helps, vuddit :nodding:

The strafe speed with the "speed switches" that are just reds that are suppose to take less actuation force I really couldn't tell a difference AT ALL between those and reds.

They have less travel time and actuation distance they require the same amount of force

Archived