Corsair Community

CoPro Config Help

the_darkness

So I have: 4 QL 120s, 3 QL 140s, a CoPro, a NoPro, 1 RGB LED fan hub, 2 RBG Hubs. I do not have any modified connections either, like molex-to-SATA.

-I currently have the CoPro hooked up to the mobo's USB port and powered by SATA

-The RGB LED fan hub is connected to the CoPro's LED port and is powered by SATA

-6 of the 7 fans are connected to the CoPro fan controller ports as well as the RGB LED Fan hub and I've made sure they are in the correct order.

-An RGB Hub is connected to the CoPro's LED and USB ports and is powered by SATA. (The RGB hubs that the QLs came with are quite different from the RGB LED fan hubs. This hub has self-contained wiring for USB and SATA and the fan hub has output ports for LED and SATA).

All of the fans connected to the fan hub are recognized by iCue and can be controlled. The lone fan on the RGB hub just defaults to spiral rainbow. That setting can't be changed, regardless of what device type I select for the channel. If I swap the 6 over to the RGB hub, same thing - spiral rainbow, no control. Also, when I hook up my NoPro, iCue recognizes it which rules out an issue with the USB port on the CoPro.

So, 1. What the difference is between these two types of hubs, other than their physical design?

And 2. How do I get the 7th fan to play nice WITHOUT having to get another RGB LED fan hub?

Many TIA

• Corsair Employee

Are you able to swap the channels for the RGB Hubs to see if iCUE is able to address the 2nd hub in the first channel and vice versa?

And you're right, hubs with the QL's combine both RGB Hub and a single channel Lighting Node Pro, we call it a Lighting Node Core with the intention of using it as a standalone.