Corsair Community

A few LT100 questions

DodgeAnon

First off, I'm really loving these RGB light towers, they're incredibly well built and extremely bright.

However, I've noticed not all applications/websites/games support the video lighting preset within the iCUE software. Watching a video on YouTube and everything works correctly, the dark area of a video is matched with the corresponding lights being turned off (black), and if there's colour on screen, they'll be matched on the light towers.

The same thing cannot be said for watching a video on Netflix, playing a game etc though... It seems those dark areas do not correctly turn off the lights and show black, instead they are constantly always lit bright white.

Also, is there no Hyper Scape support with these towers? All my other Corsair equipment (mouse, headphones, keyboard) all sync up when in game, yet these LT100's do not.

Thanks!

Edited by DodgeAnon

• Corsair Employee

What version of iCUE are you running? Also, what games does this happen with?

For Hyper Scape, it sounds like you're describing the game lighting integration if the peripherals are also reacting. It may not be integrated yet with the LT100.

What version of iCUE are you running? Also, what games does this happen with?

For Hyper Scape, it sounds like you're describing the game lighting integration if the peripherals are also reacting. It may not be integrated yet with the LT100.

Thanks for the reply.

I am using the latest version of the iCUE software (3.31.81) and I have tried it with Hyper Scape, Hell Let Loose and Wreckfest so far.

Like the poster above confirms, the video lightening doesn't seem to work on most applications (chrome, netflix app etc), websites (netflix.com etc), or games (like mentioned above.)

YouTube videos are the only thing that correctly utilise the video lighting feature. Elsewhere, it's like the RGB lights never turn off or show "black" when the edges of the screen are black, they are constantly emitting a bright white instead and colours are dimly lit on top of that.

Apologies for the double post, but I seem to have found something out...

I'm currently playing Destiny 2 with HDR enabled on my monitor and the LT100 light towers are working brilliantly, they are incredibly vivid and bright. However, if I turn off HDR they go back to being very dull.

Previously, I never enabled HDR system wide on my PC, so maybe that was an issue as it is working perfectly well now!

Edited by DodgeAnon

• Corsair Employee
Apologies for the double post, but I seem to have found something out...

I'm currently playing Destiny 2 with HDR enabled on my monitor and the LT100 light towers are working brilliantly, they are incredibly vivid and bright. However, if I turn off HDR they go back to being very dull.

Previously, I never enabled HDR system wide on my PC, so maybe that was an issue as it is working perfectly well now!

Is the brightness with HDR on vastly noticeable? iCUE would be reading the colors from the screen, so if it's output has gone up, it may be adjusting the lighting to compensate.

Is the brightness with HDR on vastly noticeable? iCUE would be reading the colors from the screen, so if it's output has gone up, it may be adjusting the lighting to compensate.

The brightness of the LT100 towers you mean? Yes, there is a noticeable difference in brightness with HDR enabled and with it turned off.