Corsair Community

iCUE Software seems to never work properly

InstantTang

Hey Guys,

This is kind of a last resort for me with Corsair products. Dont get me wrong, I really enjoy the design and build quality of the Corsair products I own. I love the "idea" of icue and all it promised to be but it has failed me on the lighting side of what it offers. Here are the products i use and the icue problems I have.

K95 rgb platinum keyboard

4x8gb Vengance pro rgb ram sticks

H115i Platinum AIO with fans that came with

It all basically comes down to the lighting and lack of any consistent functionality of icue's ability to do what we all pay for in Corsairs products.

{not to mention I fully believe something in the icue download causes my PC to crash. Random corsair headset errors} (i dont own a corsair headset) LOL

SO... I built a PC based on a color scheme. Black and white is what i chose. B&W custom cables, B&W case, 3 white corsair fans, B&W ish GPU... you get it. So im not asking for much in what I expect from Corsair. Give me some white light! maybe a key or 3 that flash.. you know standard stuff. This is not what i have gotten. Instead when I turn my PC on 75% of the time my Keyboard turn red. Sometimes it turn white then after a few minute it turns red. In fact as Ive been typing my keyboard has turned red and my RAM had turned "rainbow spiral". (I just restarted PC and now keyboard is red with the little RGB strip and logo at the top is White) This is an everyday occurrence since shortly after I build my PC and installed iCUE. Sometime the AIO fans turn colors as well but the majority of the time its the dang Keyboard. I just cant use it with these bright red lights. its so distracting that for the last couple months I deleted icue from my PC totally and just dealt with the RGB vomit that is it default setting.

After worrying about my CPU's cooling I reinstalled icue to give it another try and nothing has changed. Here's what i have tried in the past (which may not be descriptive enough buy im gonna try)

spoken with corsair directly (no resolution but they are fully aware of iCUEs issues)

Returned Keyboard to Corsair (didnt work)

Reset keyboard countless times (just to get rid of the red)

also I have read or watched every post and video, i think, about iCUE software issues and nothing has worked.

reinstalled icue several times with and without being on the phone with Corsair.

I just want the product to work and not really sure how to proceed with Corsair as they dont even have a phone service atm. It drives me crazy because to me it seems like this is the most basic expectations one can have for a company. Save me guys!

Edited by InstantTang

Did i post this in the wrong area or are there just nobody that gives a *****?

iCUE is bad. Real bad. People know this, specially those who lurk this place. There is not much to add to that.

You either ditch iCUE/Corsair and move onto something else or just deal with it. Sad considering the price tag for Corsair products but that's how it is.

Sadly Corsair still have huge armies of defenders or paid media and still able to trick people into their ecosystem but once you are in... it's constant problems and most of time is iCUE being hot garbage.

Do you still have the K95 Plat.? Or did you send it back? The 2nd one turns red too? It should not turn red and it's unclear what the issue is there. If it happens on 2 different keyboards, there may be some corrupt file in the profiles.

Even if you don't want to use CUE, you do have 3/5 hardware save slots (Plat./XT) that can hold any one of the preset lighting effects or up to 5 "standard" effects. I use plain white backlighting for the keys so I can see them and a little ripple of color in hardware mode. You should be able to set something up that is acceptable and hopefully the red thing can be sorted.

on two K70 i had major troubles setting something different than the default red on hardware profile.

i'd set one color.. close icue, back to red.. retry. it stays.. turn off the computer, back to red.. then it may work.. take the kb to another computer, back to red..

Then out of the blue, the keyboard reverts to english layout.. often..

It seems icue and firmwares, anything involving coding is plagued by constant bugs...

It's as if the software team just gave up

Yes I still have a k95 plat but its the replacement they sent. Ive done all the file removal things before and also reverted back to an older version of icue but none of it has worked. As for the "hardware save slots" im not familiar with that or its function but ill check it out.

Yes I still have a k95 plat but its the replacement they sent. Ive done all the file removal things before and also reverted back to an older version of icue but none of it has worked. As for the "hardware save slots" im not familiar with that or its function but ill check it out.

A couple of months back, they changed the Hardware Profile system so you can save lighting to the keyboard from any software profile. However, it makes it hard to explain with text and if you have a lot of software profiles hard to keep track of where you have stashed the lighting. For simplicity, I am going to explain it for the specific K95P HW1-HW3 profiles, but you can create and save lighting from any profile now.

There should be three special profile in your profile list names K95P HW1, HW2, and HW3. They will have a different icon than the normal software profile. These are save templates to move lighting to the keyboard and make you conform to the more limited rules. Specific to lighting, those are: 1) You may have 1 preset effect (Rainbow wave, rain, visor, type lighting, etc) or up to 5 standard effects across various parts of the keyboard (static, solid, wave, ripple, gradient).

1) You must work in the Hardware Lighting Tab. Don't create it in the normal lighting tab and then try to move it. You'll have to redo it.

2) When you have the lighting the way you want it, click on the "Onboard Profiles" tab and the bottom of the left menu list. It will reveal three save slots with those same HW1-3 names. Click on the corresponding save slot and you should get a traditional "do you want to save/overwrite" question. That's it.

You can do three different ones and cycle between them using the profile button above F2 on the KB. Any time iCUE is not running, this is the displayed lighting effect. It is possible to save more basic Actions to the KB as well, if you those. You must also save those to the Onboard Profiles tab after creating them.

I few new things Ive noticed. Anytime i plug anything into the PC something with icue goes crazy. Sometimes the AIO pump will turn from white to a light orange or the ram will go rainbow.

So far the only thing i have come up with to make this trash software work has been as follows.

Turn on PC

Start up icue (unless it auto runs)

Go into task manager and end task on anything icue (you can leave corsair stuff alone)

Now start up icue

For me this is working. Of course i have to do this several times a day.

Corsair should be embarrassed.