Corsair Community

Cherry MX Blue Stock

DarkMage752

Hey, sorry if this a redundant post, but I've been trying to figure this out for days and I'm at my wits end.

Is there any indication as to when the K70 LUX RGB with Cherry MX Blue switches will be back in stock? I really like the design of the keyboard, and don't like any switches other than the blue. I have read though that they are produced in relatively small quantities as they aren't that popular, and I want to be sure I can get one.

I have found a site that claims the last time they were stocked was the 24th of October, and I thought it would make sense if they were stocked on a monthly basis, but that does not seem to be the case.

Any insight on this would be appreciated, and I'm sorry if i broke any rules by posting this. I did read the rules, and I think this should be fine. I am just a bit flustered. Thanks.

No, and there will never be any indication unfortunately for those who love blue switches. They are not stocked monthly either.

Your only option is to subscribe to Corsair's newsletter and wait to receive an email about it. As you have already found they only do limited runs from time to time when they have enough switches. It is totally random when they do make one so there is no way to figure out when the next one will be either.

No, and there will never be any indication unfortunately for those who love blue switches. They are not stocked monthly either.

Your only option is to subscribe to Corsair's newsletter and wait to receive an email about it. As you have already found they only do limited runs from time to time when they have enough switches. It is totally random when they do make one so there is no way to figure out when the next one will be either.

Well thanks for the input, but that kinda sucks :/ I don't really understand why the blues are so unpopular, or at least, why they wouldn't stock them regularly.

Well thanks for the input, but that kinda sucks :/ I don't really understand why the blues are so unpopular, or at least, why they wouldn't stock them regularly.

Blue switches are more difficult to produce and require much more QA compared to the others. And that's for the normal switches, blue rgb switches are even more difficult. They only make limited runs randomly because they need time to gather a good amount of switches for production.

Go complain to Cherry about them using really old machines to produce them. I think there is still a post of a Cherry employee on reddit ranting about how difficult it is to produce them :p:

Archived