The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 16 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 04:41 AM
slugzkea's PC Specs

POST ID # = 440582
slugzkea Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanG View Post
I got my H50 exhausts out the back and my cpu barely ever gets to 50c while gaming.But I have three 230 mm fans
On an AMD CPU, that's expected, since those cpu's shouldn't be hitting +50c anyways. nice setup btw.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:20 PM
c64's PC Specs

POST ID # = 453804
c64 Reputation: 10

He is 100% right and I would have installed it in this manner anyway you get far better results especially pea method of spreading if the heatsink remains as still as possible and no twisting or misalignment of the paste happens you can end up with more paste on one side than the other.

And I cant believe anyone would recommend anything but drawing in cooler air from outside the case in a push pull configuration.

Nice post and I'd advise everyone to at least try it before you knock it.

Anyone looking to maximize it's potential should look at getting the new akasa viper 120mm fans for it, unless a better fan between now and then arrives on the market.

You need to understand that when clocking with high volts on 65nm chips even 1.45v you are going to be hitting 70c +or even 80's if using a proper full cpu load app and not prime 95 or orthos.And if this way has brought that temp down by a good margin it's sage advise to someone about to dump the cooler for another because it's load temps are too high.

No good saying oh my cpu never goes over "whatever" when it's a mild overclock or at stock voltages.

You should put the backplate in place and use tape to hold it in place then screw it in no need to do what you suggested.

there's no point comparing temperatures unless you are running the same cpu at same volts and clocks and same ambient temps.

Last edited by c64; 06-28-2010 at 03:30 PM.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-13-2010, 02:46 AM
LadKiller's PC Specs

POST ID # = 457297
LadKiller Reputation: 10

Slugzkea

have you got a custom cooler on your 9800gx2, because every vga i've ever had blows air
OUT of the case.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:19 PM
Sabottx's PC Specs

POST ID # = 457528
Sabottx Reputation: 10
Big Grin

Dang it C64... I don't need to know about another good fan... I have started a fan collection here... I have nine fans of various sizes stuffed in my box. One more on the way, Corsair memory cooler.

Old 10-07-2010, 12:53 AM
slugzkea's PC Specs

POST ID # = 470160
slugzkea Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadKiller View Post
Slugzkea

have you got a custom cooler on your 9800gx2, because every vga i've ever had blows air
OUT of the case.
It's a XFX, stock. I did the paper test, it draws air from the back and blows the hot air in the case.

It doesn't matter, that card blew a long time ago. Currently using a 5870 w/AC Accelero EXTREME 5870 cooler now.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:42 PM
E46Johnny's PC Specs

POST ID # = 470270
E46Johnny Reputation: 10

Just my toughs on this discussion on airflow.

If your H50/H70 is intake it might be preferable with negative pressure in your case, but you must remember if your GPU is exhausting, the airflow over your gpu will greatly reduced because the gpu fan will bee starved of air, and revers airflow might occur in your gpu.

Another consideration if intake is used, is hot air from gpu can/will enter the radiator of the H50/H70,(if it`s able to push it out) and the air is not filtered so dust build up in the radiator could become grater.

Using exhaust for the H50/H70, a positive air pressure in the case might be preferable, this will aid in pushing air true the radiator and assist an exhausting gpu with airflow, if your case also has filters on the fans the dust buildup in the radiator will be far less.

So evaluate your components airflow characteristic and chose whats best fore your components.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:07 PM
LayneRuley's PC Specs

POST ID # = 471819
LayneRuley Reputation: 10

Yeah that fan set set up is absolutly terrible. You should go and buy all of the same fan unless special ones for special components and have the sam number of fans in taking and exhausting so the CFM balance out. i have 6 fans in total, all green l.e.d. and cooler master ones that pump out like 70 cfm at like 19 db. And when i took out just one exhaust fan my northbridge temps rose on average 4 degrees c. Redo your set up man....