Corsair Community

Help with Installing H100i Cooler with Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro Motherboard

Hi all,

First-timer on the forums, and a first-timer building a PC with any sort of RGB or liquid cooling, so apologies for the newbish questions!

As per the title, I've got a Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Pro motherboard, and a Corsair H100i RGB Platinum SE cooler for the CPU, but I'm a bit stuck as to how to connect the cooler (and associated fans) to the motherboard.

In addition to the H100i cooler, I've also got another LL120 RGB fan (with two more being delivered) and so all three additional fans will also need hooking up. Putting the cooler to one side for a moment, am I right in thinking that to connect my three RGB fans up, I'll need to connect them all to an RGB LED Hub, and then connect the Hub to a Commander Pro? The Commander Pro would then connect to a USB header on my motherboard. Is that right?

Would the setup be similar to this diagram (found elsewhere on these forums) minus the LED strips, and with only 3 fans instead of 6:

XSDWsne.png

If that's the right way to go, how would I add the H100i into that setup? The cooler comes with another two fans itself that attach to the radiator, which is fine. So there'll be a total of 5 fans in my machine. The H100i has a SATA power cable, a cable that plugs into the CPU_FAN header on the motherboard, a cable that plugs into a USB header on the motherboard, and then four other cables: two for connecting the fan power cables (from the fans on the radiator) and then a 4-pin cable that splits off into a 3-pin cable - this is where I'm confused. Do the RGB cables that are on the two fans plug into those? (One fan would plug into the 4-pin, and the other fan plug into the 3-pin?) If I've got the LED Hub and Commander Pro in my machine anyway (to power/control the other three fans) would I even need to connect the two fans on the radiator to the H100i, or could I skip that altogether and connect the two fans to the Hub, in the same way that the other three fans are connected?

Again, sorry for all the questions but this is all new to me. I haven't built a PC for about 9 years, so things have moved on somewhat, and I'm hoping you more knowledgable folks might know what on Earth I'm harping on about.

Thanks for any help!